3. Who are Gadodias?

Sanskaar loosened his tie and folded his sleeves up. Kabir entered the cabin. "Come Kabir, I hope you have the complete report for me. Let's see this through." This was just another thing on his checklist. He needed a reason to reject this alliance and he would find one.

"Yes, Sir. Lakshya Gadodia." Kabir had prepared the whole research in a report format which he handed to Sanskaar and went page by page.

"Lucky! Exactly fits the definition of the rich spoilt brat. Lives in the present with little regard to the future. No interest in the family business. Makes friends in a jiffy and loves pop music."

"Guessed it! What about his family?" Sanskaar preferred answers to his questions which he thought mattered. The rest was unnecessary.

"Lives with his sister, parents and maternal grandmother. His mother and grandmother are Bengalis." Kabir paused.

"Would have been an issue if Dad was around. Go ahead."

"His sister is everything for him, to the extent that he is going to agree for this wedding only if she approves." This could be dangerous, Sanskaar thought. Ragini gave her heart easily and if this Lucky plays with it, he would be very unlucky.

"Okay, what about this sister of his?"

"Swara Gadodia." Kabir went on with the interview excerpts of her family being her first and only priority and how they are her strength. Managing Director, Tunes Music. The youngest in this state. "And before you make an impression, here's something surprising for you."

Sanskaar turned the page to find the two faxed certificates of Swara and Lakshya Gadodia. Both had graduated with Masters in Business Administration as Gold medalists from IIM Kolkata and Ahmedabad respectively. Lakshya had only recently graduated and returned to Kolkata. The sister, okay no surprise there but the brother is actually a genius.

"When this guy has the brains, why doesn't he just put it to good use?"

"He just isn't interested."

"Who is the decision maker in this family?"

"They are very vocal about their opinions. The elders have given them free rein to make their decisions. However looks like for Lakshya, Swara is the decision maker."

"Why am I not suprised to hear that? A rich boy spoiled worse due to a liberal upbringing and a smart sister to shield him. Then again, if he can make friends easily, Ragini might just find her independent ground living with him."

"Sir, I came across this information while gathering the report for you. Swara Gadodia is also running a check on your family. I understand that they are too protective of the younger child. Just like you are protective of your sister."

Sanskaar raised only his eyes and that shut Kabir up. He didn't like anyone comparing his love for Ragini.

As an alliance, he had to give it to his Chachi. Completely met his standards except one. He wanted his sister to be cared by her husband as much as he did. And here Lucky can't care about himself.

No worries. He would make sure that Lakshya Gadodia walked on the track Sanskaar Maheshwari wanted him in. He opened the report to Swara's interview excerpt featured with the siblings' picture and studied the business mind behind the sister. She would help him in this mission, Sanskaar decided.