Epilogue

Five years later…

Sanskaar Maheshwari leaned against the glass of his cabin window. A lot of things seemed to have changed, and for the better. Ragini's career had taken off and with every release, she was becoming more popular. Lucky and Ragini would be home for this weekend.

However, he was looking forward to the arrival of his baby sister who was returning to India after her graduation. He was proud of her achievements and had been washed with pleasure when she announced her decision to join Maheshwari Textiles. It was sad to hear her mother object but as he had done for years now, he wrote off her decision as final by recommending her to the Board of Directors. Uttara had run a startup for 2 years and had sold it at a considerable profit last month. It had been enough to convince the Directors why Uttara Maheshwari deserved this position and not just inherited it.

~~~~~

Sanskaar had just set his foot into the house and he heard the screams and footfalls of his 3-yr old prince, Siddharth Maheshwari. He walked up the stairs and was welcomed by his sister, Ragini.

“Bhai, Sid is really too draining.” She complained.

“Daddy, Bua is just jealous that you love me more than her.”

Sanskaar chuckled at the silly complaints which did hold true. He asked Ragini, “You just came? Where's Swara?”

Ragini nodded. “She is upstairs. She just came home as well.”

~~~~~

Swara sat on the bed and crossed her knee over the other. She regretted calling her Dida to inform that Lucky and Ragini would be with them for the weekend. It was an internal agreement between the four of them for alternative weekends. Last weekend, Sanskaar and she have been at Gadodia mansion. So, this weekend was over here. Sadly, her Dida was furious at this agreement.

“Swaru, I am telling you. Next time you call Lucky there, you better send me Sid. Now whom will I pamper?”

“Dida, why are you so angry? Take some rest.”

The door opened and closed behind her. Sanskaar. She turned and smiled at him. He frowned slightly mirroring her and she mouthed Dida. He took off his blazer and watch without taking his eyes away from her and walked to stand beside her. She slid a hand around his waist and leaned against him. She felt him kiss her hair and next came the pat on her cheek. A gesture that stood between them for 'I know you can handle this'.

He left to change and she gave up on explaining Dida.

~~~~~

Lucky has been busier than his Di nowadays. How laid back he was when he started his career, he missed those days! Moreover, his Dida has been pestering him for a great-grandchild. So he and Ragini ended up spending more time together at office than at home. His Ma was also bordering the complaint that he was not home enough and was dragging Ragini out as well.

He could spend a peaceful weekend over here and he looked forward to it. He had the advantage to spend the relaxed hours with his wife, his Di and his new partner in crime, Sid. Sanskaar often mocked that Sid doesn't go to anyone else if Lucky is in the room. Well, the kid did spend a lot of time with him and Ragini during his first year. Still, Sid adored Uttara and Lucky saw her as competition.

~~~~~

Ragini had been amazed at her popularity. Yet she still saw herself as that demure princess when she was at Maheshwari mansion. Her career had helped her to build confidence and trust her talent. Her brother had many times warned her to not cross to the over-confidence. And it helped her keep a check on herself.

Another reason she loved being home was Sid. He had a partner in every crime, Lucky and her brother, Sanskaar as his advocate. So any trouble Sid created, he would be out of it in minutes. Just like she was during her childhood.

Soon her brother and Lucky joined them in the main hall. Within minutes, Uttara appeared at the top of the entrance stairs. “People, I am back!”

Her parents came in behind her. “Uttara, why are you shouting? Behave.”

“No, Mom! I'm home after so long.” She ran to Sanskaar. “Mere Bhai, you were so right! Graduation was so awesome. But it would have been fun with you instead of Mom and Dad. Never mind! I'm back home and that's all that matters.” She spoke so fast that Lucky was frowning.

“Ragini Didi! Congratulations!!”

“Congrats to you too.” The sisters shared a hug.

~~~~~

Swara was next to welcome Uttara. She had been home after 2 years and was back for good.

“Where's my hero? Sid?” Uttara called out.

She pointed to the TV console where Sid and Lucky were up to some mischief.

Lucky wished her and moved away quickly as Sid ran to his ‘Tara’. Everyone called her Uttara and her son could only catch the ending and it stuck. After all, Uttara was the one who adored him the most.

Uttara lifted him in her arms and did a twirl. Just their luck, they had hit the photo of Chacha and Chachi. They are so done for, thought Swara. She even saw Chachaji retreat to his room having witnessed the incident. And he wasn't the only one. Swara and Ragini also backed out from the scene of crime leaving Sanskaar and Lucky to put off the fire. They all knew this was not the first and especially with Uttara was back, this will definitely not be the last incident.

☆☆☆☆☆
The story ends here. Scroll over to the next part for Behind the Scenes.