Dinner and Tortuga

Alice's POV

I am admiring the new dress Barbossa had given me, it is beautiful. The feast has been prepared and we're just waiting for Elizabeth. Jack is on my shoulder holding the medallion. Just then Elizabeth entered the room in a burgundy dress. "You look lovely Elizabeth" I say smiling.

"Thanks Alice, you do to" she says sheepishly. Barbossa holds a chair out for her and she sits down as he pushes it in. He tells us to dig in and I do just that.

"There's no need to stand on ceremony, no call to impress anyone. You must be hungry" Barbossa tells Elizabeth. Who was eating all lady like. She starts to ate quicker like I am. Barbossa poured two goblets of wine and asks us to try them. I just sip mine as I'm not a huge wine fan. I prefer rum, must be the pirate blood in me. "And the apples, one of those next" he says holding one out to me and I take it.

But Elizabeth drops the bread she was eating and says "it's poisoned".

"There's be no sense to be killing you miss Turner and I am not dumb enough to try hurt Miss Teague" Barbossa tells her.

"Then let us go, you have your trinket. We are of no farther value to you" Elizabeth states.

"I'll get paid handsomely for returning Miss Teague to her father. You don't know what this is, do ye?" he asks holding up the pirate medallion.

"It's a pirate medallion" she says.

"This is Aztec gold. One of 882 identical pieces they delivered in a stone chest to Cortez himself. Blood money paid to stem the slaughter he wreaked upon them with his armies. But the greed of Cortez was insatiable. So the heathen gods placed upon the gold a terrible curse. Any mortal that removes but a piece from that stone chest shall be punished for eternity" Barbossa explains.

"I hardly believe in ghost stories, Captain Barbossa" Elizabeth tells him and I roll my eyes. I grab one of the knives and begin to ate the apple he'd given me.

"Aye. That's exactly what I thought when first told of the tale. Buried in the island of the dead that which cannot be found except by those who already knows where it is. Find it, we did. And there be the chest... and inside, be the gold. We took them all! Spent 'em, traded 'em and fritted 'em away, for drink and food and pleasurable company. But the more we gave them away, the more we came to realize. The drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, nor the company in the world would harm or slake our lust. We are cursed men, Miss Turner. Compelled by greed, we were. But now, we are consumed by it" he states.

"And how do you end this curse?" I ask joining the conversation.

"There is one way we can end our curse. All the scattered pieces of the Aztec gold must be restored and the blood repaid. Thanks to ye, we have the final piece" he says smiling.

"And the blood to be repaid?" Elizabeth asks him.

"That's why there is no sense to be killing you... yet. Apple?" he asks holding out an apple to her. Elizabeth angrily knocks the apple out of Barbossa's hand and then takes a knife and stabs him in the chest. Only for him to be unaffected; he pulls out the knife. "I'm curious: after you kill me, what is it you plan on doing next?" he asks her. She runs out of the room and I go to follow her. But Barbossa grabs my arms. "I'll retrieve her Miss Teague, don't leave this room" he tells me and I nod my head.

I follow behind him and stay in the room. I watch him catch Elizabeth by her arms and I see the cursed skeleton crew approaching them. Barbossa has Elizabeth turn around so she could see the full moon. "Look! The moonlight shows us for what we really are. We are not among the living, so we cannot die, but neither are we dead" he explains.

"For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it. Too long I've been starving to death and haven't died. I feel nothing. Not the wind on my face nor the spray of the sea. Nor the warmth of a woman's flesh" he says putting his hand into the moon light. "You best start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner... you're in one!" he says stepping fully into the moonlight. He opens a wine bottle with his teeth and downs it. She runs back into the room and he shuts the double doors.

"It's ok Elizabeth, you'll be ok" I assure her as I sit beside her wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "When this is over you'll return to Port Royal and I'll finally be reunited with my father" I state.

"So you're not annoyed he's returning you for the money?" she asks.

"He's a pirate, that's no surprise" I tell her smiling. "Now we should get some rest, you can stay here tonight with me" I add. We lay on the big bed up against the wall, with me on the edge. We soon full asleep.

(Tortuga) Third Person

"I'm going after the Black Pearl" Jack tells Gibbs. "I know where it's going to be and I'm going to take it. Then I can continue my search for my little sister" he states.

"Jack it's a fools errand, you know better then I do the tales of the Black Pearl" he tells him.

"Which is why I know what Barbossa is up to" Jack states. "All I need is a crew" he tells Gibbs.

"Barbossa isn't known to suffer fools, let alone strike a bargain with one. What makes you think he'll hand the pearl to you?" Gibbs asks. Jack nods his head towards Will who was keeping watch. "The kid?" Gibbs asks.

"That is the son of Bootstrap Bill Turner, he's only child" Jack states.

"Is he now?" Gibbs asks smirking. "Leverage says you, think a change in the winds says I. I'll find us a crew, there's bound to be some on this island rock crazy as you. Take what you can" he says holding up his mug of rum.

"Give nothing back" Jack states clinging their cups together. He and Will then return to the ship. While Gibbs went off in search of a buccaneer crew.

A/N

Picture above of Barbossa holding Elizabeth's chair and picture on the external link of Alice's new outfit.