Over the Edge

Alice's POV

I stand not far from Pintel and Ragetti as we all shiver in the cold. Barbossa appears unaffected by it. While the rest of us shiver or are wrapped in warm blankets. I notice one guy lose a toe to frostbite. Pintel and Ragetti complain about the cold wondering why Tia Dalma did not bring Jack back that same way she did Barbossa.

"Because Barbossa was only dead. Jack Sparrow is taken, body and soul, to a place not of death, but punishment. The worst fate a person can bring upon himself. Stretching on forever. That's what awaits at Davy Jones' locker" I explain and leave them.

"You have been studying" Tia praises me.

"Of course, it is my duty" I tell her with a small smile. "I just pray Jack is not suffering to badly" I state.

"We will be with him sooner then you think" she tells me before going to talk to Barbossa. While I notice Elizabeth and Will having a lovers tiff. I go over to Elizabeth.

"What was that about?" I ask her curious.

"Nothing you have to worry about Alice" she assures me. "I bet you're happy we'll be rescuing Jack soon" she states.

"I am, I miss my older brother dearly" I tell her smiling. "I know you aren't fond of him, but thanks for coming with us. I have missed my best friend" I state.

"Same" she tells me with a smile. "Hey it looks like we're leaving the snow" she states. I look to see she is right and smile. "Wonder what they are talking about?" she musses looking at Will and Tia Dalma. I follow her eyes and eye the pair with curiosity.  Will suddenly rushes to the helm.

"Barbossa! Ahead!" he shouts.

"Aye, we're good and lost now" Barbossa announces.

"Lost?" Elizabeth asks worried.

"For certain you have to be lost to find the places can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was" Barbossa explains.

"That makes sense" I state as I grab a rope.

"We're gaining speed!" Gibbs suddenly shouts.

"All hands, to stations! Hard to port, gather way!" Will shouts.

"Nay! Belay that! Let her run straight and true!" Barbossa orders. I hand him a rope and wrap another around myself.

"You've doomed us all" Elizabeth tells him.

"Don't be so unkind. You may not survive to pass this way again and these be the last friendly words you'll hear" he tells her.  She and the crew run around trying to prevent us from going over the waterfall. They fail and we go over the edge backwards, Barbossa laughing his head off.

"Strike your colors, you bloomin' cockroaches...dead men tell no tales" someone or something says. I black out.

(Limbo)

I wake to completely white space and frown in confusion. I stand up and notice I'm in a different outfit. "Do not fear my daughter" a woman says appearing from the mist.

"Mum?" I say in shock.

"Yes dear, it is me" she says with a warm smile. I run over and hug her tightly holding in tears of joy. She hugs me just at tight. "You have grown into a beautiful young woman my dear" she states.

"I missed you" I tell her with a sniffle.

"And I have missed you" she assures me.

"Where are we? Am I dead?" I ask her confused.

"We are in a plain between living and dead, called Limbo. You are not dead or dying" she states. "Calypso is giving us a chance to say good bye, properly" she explains.

"But how? She is still bond in human form" I state.

"She still has power" she tells me. "I am proud of you my daughter. I am so happy you found your brother and father. Tell Edward that I said I'm sorry and that I love him" she instructs.

"I will, but can't you come back with me?" I ask her hopeful.

"No, I am at peace" she tells me. "But I will always be in here" she says placing a hand on my heart. "Just keep me close in your dreams" she tells me. "Also, this belonged to Edward. He gave it to me before he left and now it is yours" she says putting a bracelet on my wrist.

"Is this real?" I ask in awe looking at the black pearl on the silver bracelet.

"Yes, it has been passed down through his family. One of the reasons Jack named his ship the Black Pearl. It is yours now, take care of your father and brother. It is time for you to go" she tells me.

"I don't want to go" I tell her. "I love you" I say hugging her tight.

"I love you to, with all of my heart" she says kissing my forehead. "We will meet again and whenever you need me. I'll be there to guide you" she states and disappears into thin air.

"Mother!" I shout tears falling down my cheeks. Suddenly I fell myself being pulled away from Limbo by an invisible force. I gasp awake on a beach, Barbossa shaking my shoulder.

A/N

Gif above of the ship going over the edge and picture on the external link of Alice's mother.