Escaping the Hangman's Noose

Alice's POV

When we left the cave we saw that the Black Pearl had left. So we had to return to the Dauntless. Where Jack and Will are arrested. But Will is given clemency while Jack is to face the hangman's noose when we return to Port Royal. I myself have been charged for having pirate blood and trying to release Jack. So I'm under house arrest until Jack is killed.

So here I am locked in my old room slightly depressed about my brother dying. Just then a rock was thrown at my window. I get up and go to it. Looking outside I see Will dressed in his finest clothes with a sword. I open the door and ask "why are you here?"

"I thought you'd want to help me save Jack and escape with him" he states. I smile and he smiles back. I immediately change into my pirate outfit and grab my sword. Along with my hidden pistols. I tie a rope to my bed and through the other end out the window. Then abseil down to Will.

"Lets go save my idiot brother" I say smiling.

"You're prepared" he states as we walk towards the fort.

"I've been planning on a way to escape to return to the sea" I tell him.

"You were going to leave Jack?" he asks me shocked.

"I'm a pirate now Will, any man who falls behind is left behind. Besides this is Jack we're talking about, he's a master at escaping death. He also told me not to risk my neck for him. As it's not the pirate way" I explain.

"Then why help me now?" he asks me.

"Because it's the family way" I say smiling.

"Ok get a dingy and supplies. Remember where Elizabeth fell?" he asks and I nod my head. "Wait there in the boat for Jack" he tells me.

"Good luck" I say hugging him before running to the dock. I find a dingy with supplies already in it. I reach the spot while I hear a commotion above. I look up just as Jack falls over the side. The Navy, Elizabeth, Will and the Governor look over the edge. "Thanks for everything!" I shout waving as Jack gets into the boat.

"Sail Ho!" someone shouts and we turn to see the Pearl.

"Lets go home Alice" Jack tells me.

"Yes, lets" I say as we row over to the Pearl. We climb a ladder onto the ship as the boat is hauled up. Gibbs helps Jack over the railing and Anamaria does the same with me.

"I thought you were suppose to keep to the code" Jack tells Gibbs.

"We figured they were more actual guide lands" Gibbs tells him and I smile. Anamaria steps forward with Jack's captain coat.

"Captain Sparrow -- the Black Pearl is yours!" she says smiling as she puts the coat over his shoulders. Jack approaches the wheel as we watch. Jack runs a hand lovingly along the rail, then takes the wheel.

"Anamaria, trim that sail" he orders going into captain mode.

"Aye aye, sir" she says and gets to work.

"Mr. Gibbs, organize a cleaning detail - you and Cotton. I want every inch of the Pearl spic-and-span and ship-shape!" Jack orders. Gibbs stomps the deck giving a salute before going to find Cotton.

"So where to dear brother?" I ask as I lean against the railing.

"Tortuga, then Shipwreck Cove. I think it's about time you and father meet" he states.

"Sounds good, I'll go see what supplies we have and make a list of the things we need in Tortuga" I tell him.

"Good" he says nodding and I lead him to steer the ship. I find some spare paper and something to write with. Then go through everything from food and rum to gun powder. Once I wrote down what needed restocking I wait back above deck to hear Jack singing. I smile and decide to let him enjoy himself. So I find Anamaria and we get to know each other more.

(End of Curse of the Black Pearl)

A/N

Picture above of Will. See you in the next chapter where Alice finally meets her biological father. Edward Teague himself.