Barbossa's Return

Alice's POV

I finished my bath and put on the dress Calypso had given me. But I plan on finding a new proper pirate outfit soon. I go downstairs and into the room where Barbossa's body lays. Tia Dalma already seems to already have everything prepared.

"Come, kneel beside me Alice" she tells me and I do as instructed.

"So what must I do?" I ask her.

"You must chant 'return Barbossa's soul to his body, return him to us' in Latin. While I make a deal with him and bring him back" she explains.

"I can do that" I tell her nodding my head.

"You must hold one hand over his heart and have the other in my hand" she states.  I nod my head and place my right hand over his heart. Then grab her right hand with my left. "Concrete on what you want to happen, think only of that. Don't let anything distract" she tells me.

I take a deep breath and close my focusing on returning Barbossa's soul to his body. "I'm ready" I tell her.

"Then lets begin" she declares and starts to speak in an ancient tongue. I take that as my cue to begin my chanting.

"Barbossa redirent animae ad corpus est reddere" I say in Latin. (Translation: return Barbossa's soul to his body, return him to us - not exact translation ). I chant it over and over focusing on our main goal. Which is to return Barbossa's soul to his body and make him alive again.

I don't know how long we knelt there chanting. But I suddenly feel a heartbeat under my hand and open my eyes. I see Tia looking down at Barbossa as neither of us spoke. "Barbossa awaken" she commands and his eyes open.

"Welcome back" I tell him with a small smile.

"Calypso" he says hoarsely. I grab a cup and fill it with water from the jug. I hold it out to him and he accepts it taking a drink. "Thank you Princess" he says.

"You know the terms Barbossa" Tia tells him and leaves the room. Saying she'd get him some food.

"I'm surprised you're here" he tells me as he sits up and Jack jumps onto his shoulder. He smiles giving him a pat.

"Jack is dealing with Davy Jones and didn't want me involved" I state. "I've taken care of Monkey Jack though. He cursed himself again, so he's immortal" I explain.

"I thank ye for that" he tells me smiling. "So I've been dead a year" he says.

"Just over a year, yes" I say nodding my head.

"What has Jack been doing with my ship?" he asks me.

"It's his ship" I correct him. "Nothing much, took me to Shipwreck Cove. Where I meet my dad, we then went to Isle De Muerta. But it'd been reclaimed by the sea, that's where we found Jack here. We then were chased by the navy and escaped them through a hurricane" I explain.

"Then Jack had himself captured to find out what Davy Jones key looked like. We then landed on an island inhabited by cannibals. Where Jack was dab a god and made chief. I was made a high priestess" I explain.

"What happened next?" he asks curious.

"Will showed up and Elizabeth was in danger again. So Jack roped him in to helping find Davy Jones key. In exchange for us helping save Elizabeth from the noose" I state. "We came here found out where the key was. They left to get it, leaving me here" I finish.

"You've had a busy year" he states. "Now a priestess" he says.

"Yes, it's a lot to take in" I tell him. "But I'm sure you can help me a lot. You know more about Calypso then I do. And you are my protector" I state.

"I shall tell you everything I know of Calypso" he assures me. Tia returns and gives him a plate of food.

"Come Alice, you have priestess training" she tells me. "Barbossa eat and recover your strength" she tells him. With that we leave him to eat in peace. We return to the main room and sit down. She hands me a couple of books. "Read these and then you may ate & go to sleep. I'll have new pirate clothes waiting for you" she states.

I nod my head and get started on my reading. I'm glad I'm a fast reader. I finished both books in about an hour. Then ate and went to my room beside Barbossa's. I smile out my new pirate outfit. I remove my boots and lay on the bed. I'd change in the morning I told myself. I roll onto my side and fall into a peaceful sleep.

A/N

Picture above of Barbossa and picture on the external link of Alice's new pirate outfit.