Ch. 3 - Baby Steps

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Fate series characters, original story and everything belongs to TYPE-MOON, the owner of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

Chapter 3 – Baby Steps

The morning sun glimmered across the colorful city like a lighthouse illuminating the dark night. The birds chirped in solemnity, all waking up for another day in the world. Amidst the landscape, a rather small apartment complex quietly stood.

Izuku slept on the floor of his room, while Saber slept on his bed... That didn't happen easily, seeing that she was really stubborn on letting him sleep on the bed; but no one could resist a pouting Izuku. Saber quietly accepted defeat.

With the annoying beeps of the alarm piercing both of their eardrums, they woke up. Sitting up on the mattress, Izuku twisted his back in order to relax his sleep-sore muscles. Still sleepy, he shut the alarm off.

Both of them stood up; Saber organized the bed while Izuku stored the mattress. After that, both of them got ready for this new day—The day right after the whole incident.

His neck was still sore and he couldn't exactly move it abruptly, but nothing too serious had happened. The doctor that visited their house right after Saber revealed her identity to him.

He still couldn't believe she was the King Arthur. In all the legends she was a he... Maybe it could be something related to her past? Izuku didn't know, but he figured she would tell him when she wanted to. He wasn't much of an intrusive person.

However, when he peeked at the blonde, he noticed something rather strange: "Artu- I mean, Saber?" Izuku called, still looking at her. She cocked her head in slight confusion.

"Yes, Izuku?"

"U-Um... aren't you, well... uncomfortable sleeping with your armor?" He scratched the back of his head.

That's right, Saber slept with her armor on. Completely so. If Izuku paid enough attention to her outfit, he could notice small drops of sweat coming from below the metal chest plate and the steel skirt details. "That's... not a problem. I need to be ready in order to defend you against all attacks," she plainly stated.

Izuku leaned closer with a so-so stern look plastered onto his face. "No, No, No... Not good," Saber got confused, tilting her head. "You don't need to be en garde at every moment! It's bad for your health... I noticed you're not comfortable..." He toned down after the first scolding, cheeks being attacked by a mushy embarrassed crimson color.

She gazed into his grass-green eyes that glistened with the morning sun. His freckles seemed like a happy accident during a painting, but instead of actually looking like a mistake, they oddly got well with him. One could call Izuku a plain guy, and that was technically correct... Below that biased surface, a kind-hearted and caring personality hid. Saber noticed that, even if instinctively.

Easing up her own mood, she smiled a bit.

"... I understand... I won't sleep with the full armor on," she said, lifting Izuku's mood up.

His smile brightened the room, and all she could do was smile back.

---

Another day of school; another sad experience for the green-nette.