Ch. 4 - Back and Forth

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Fate series characters, original story and everything belongs to TYPE-MOON, the owner of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 4 – Back and Forth

Izuku's eyes shot open with realization, he couldn't help but shake with anxiety, nor to smile. Hastily, he sat up; placing a hand under his chin, his mind began racing like a wild horse.

Just then he realized something that could open a door, an opportunity... He didn't have a quirk, the key to heroism and saving people, nor did he have the support from his classmates, from anyone...

But, with Saber as his Servant, it could be different... Izuku remembered who she was—King Arthur, the legendary wielder of Excalibur, and ruler of Camelot. Surely, she would have an extense knowledge of fighting and weaponry. Or at least, that's what he planned on asking her.

He was feeling all tingly, his brain drenched in dopamine. He felt happy, and the spark inside of him was a tad bit stronger; slowly, but surely, his dream was coming back to him.

Throwing his thoughts out of the window, Izuku stood up and ran out of the room, bumping on the shelves and walls along the way. With shaky fingers, he ran towards the neat kitchen, looking for Saber.

Luckily, he saw her talking to his mother. Without wasting a single millisecond, he kicked the ground and thrust in her direction, stopping dead in his tracks when he got near enough.

Without air in his lungs, Izuku bent his back, placing his hands on his knees. Gasping, he choked with air. The blonde Servant cocked her head, looking at him with genuine worry. His mother got desperate, began muttering, and started to rub his back.

After a couple of seconds, the green-nette abruptly raised his head, earning himself a painful yelp. His mother began to get even more worried, and Saber didn't understand a thing.

"I... I got... an idea!" Izuku announced, his neck recovering from the abrupt movement. The two women looked at each other and shrugged in perplexity. "S... Saber, you have combat knowledge right?"

"Yes, actually... I went through a rigid, severe and intense training regimé."

The boy's eyes lit up, and he stepped closer to Saber. Without hesitation, he kneeled on the ground in Dogeza, a Japanese element of etiquette in which the person in question kneels directly on the ground, and lowers their head. It's generally used for asking something or apologizing to someone.

Saber began to shake her hands in front of her desperately. "W-What are you doing?"

"Please teach me how to fight!" Izuku begged earnestly.

"W... Wha- My regimé is way too harsh! I don't want to hurt my Master," she stated, surprised at the sudden question.

Inko was speechless, but... felt happy. She was honestly exultant from his change of demeanor; from giving up, to trying hard. Of course, she was supportive of her son, but she was equally worried. She pondered silently, not intruding her son's question.

"B-But—!"

"I told you, it's way too hard!" She rebutted.

"I won't give up!" He continued in Dogeza, though this time he began trembling. "... Since I was a kid... since I've known myself as a person... I've always wanted to become a hero... It's a dream that... that I gave up on for some time..." He raised his head and gazed at her alluring emerald-green eyes. His own pair mirrored anxiety, sadness, but most importantly—Hope.