Ch. 12 - Right to Change

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story, and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Fate series characters, original story, and everything belongs to TYPE-MOON, the owner of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 12 – Right to Change.

"N-nothing?!"

Izuku didn't believe it. He knew it was the obvious outcome, but regardless, he didn't believe it.

The Magus blood test revealed that he didn't have the capability to use magic: there were no traces of a Magical Circuit in his blood, only the existence of a big pool of Mana and Od.

Apart from providing Saber with enough magic to stay in her Material Body, he couldn't use it for anything else. He was just a walking container of magic power. A useless cask.

"I'm sorry..."

She could only look at Izuku's face and feel disheartened. He was so eager to have a single chance at becoming a hero, yet he couldn't. He didn't have a quirk, nor magic.

He did have a Servant, but would she be enough to fight against everything thrown at them? They both knew the answer, even if it wasn't a positive one.

Izuku was still, unmoving. He didn't dare to utter a single word. With his head cast down, he just thought of everything that happened to him up to this date.

Why did he continue hoping for a change? That's what he wanted to understand.

Even if he did have magic, it wouldn't matter. Although powerful, magic was hard to use and had a fixed limit. A quirk, however, had the possibility of being virtually limitless (if the person in question had a good 'dice roll', at least).

Not only that, but magic prowess was less common, almost inexistent. Like Izuku, most of the Masters couldn't even use magic because of their lack of a good-enough magic circuit. Sure, they could still convert Mana and Od into Prana, but it had such a low ratio of conversion, that it was basically useless to use Magic.

The only thing they had was a big pool of Mana and Od, enough so that they could keep a Servant in their Material Body for most of the time.

He wanted to be a hero, but no matter how many chances he had, he always rolled that same, sickening, disgusting 1 out of 6.

It was as if fate laughed at his face and spit on it countless times.

Not even a proper reaction was something he could do. He was already sick of crying over spilled milk.

He was useless to a tee.

Saber is being wasted on me.

He couldn't help but think that.

Among bitter feelings, the day passed on with a blur. Things weren't as clear to him anymore.

I just want some peace.

He thought while laying on his bed.

The starry night that he'd usually admire was nothing but a blank slate to him. His 'usual self' was somewhere hidden, crying amidst thousands of pent-up emotions and what-ifs. Izuku didn't bother to express himself anymore.

It's not funny.

It felt like a joke. Three times, no less, he was tricked by fate. What did these past weeks serve him then? Why did his blood and sweat fall on the floor?