Ch. 7 - Favor

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Fate series characters, original story and everything belongs to TYPE-MOON, the owner of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 7 – Favor

"Oh, Izuku forgot his lunch..." Saber murmured to herself while looking at his bento box. It was untouched, forgotten.

It was unusual for Izuku to forget his stuff. He was a really tidy and organized person, and Saber admired that. She heard that kids tended to be really messy, and, with her limited knowledge of them, agreed without question.

But the boy really blew her expectations away. Even his bed, after every morning, had the covers neatly arranged, and the pillows fluffed softly.

"Guess I'll take it to him... But his classes are almost over..." Her mind entered the depths of thought, only to be quickly pulled out of it. "He won't mind if I bring him home... right?"

She readily grabbed his lunch, dressed in her casual clothing, and went to the door.

"Inko! I'll go get Izuku today!" She echoed her voice through the house in order for Izuku's mother to hear it.

"Sure! Have a nice walk!" She eagerly responded.

Saber opened the door and left the house, happily reminiscing in reflection.

...

What?

She didn't have time to think about anything, yet her mind instantly sailed to a really reasonable question, which couldn't leave her mind.

Is that a kid, threatening him?

She couldn't believe it. In all of her battle-fought days, where she saw brutality over brutality; countless people dying, and numerous weird things, she didn't ever remember seeing a kid with an expression so vicious, and so filled with Killing Intent. She couldn't help but relate him to some of the assassins she's fought.

It wasn't pressuring her experience, by any means, but it was really eye-widening.

She punched those thoughts astray and summoned Excalibur. No hesitation clouded her resolution to save him; Izuku. The lunch box fell on the ground, spilling its contents all over the cement floor.

Her knees bent over slightly, allowing more freedom of movement.

"Pack!" Her shoe banged the ground, creating a small crater and allowing the strength to create momentum, and momentum to carry her in the direction fo her objective.

The world stopped for a moment. Nothing moved.

Saber leered over the long-haired boy without any hesitation in her eyes. Over the years that passed, she had to learn how to stop being so emotive for the enemy.

Her tears fell on the blood-stained grass like the morning dew covered the leaves—Saber had killed someone. Her first kill. She couldn't sleep for days, heavily burdening her heart with the sickeningly high-pressure of her blood-tarnished hands.

That 15-year old girl, because of a sword, had killed hundreds upon hundreds of opponents, seen countless cries of help, and couldn't help when she was most needed.