Ch. 11 - Blood

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Fate series characters, original story and everything belongs to TYPE-MOON, the owner of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 11 – Blood

"Shall we practice Magic?"

Those words didn't register in his mind immediately. They couldn't. She gazed at him with expectancy, slightly furrowing her eyebrows up.

Saber's words suddenly (finally) rammed over his mind. His gaze was strictly focused on her, mouth agape. His expression was serious, albeit surprised... Actually, it was more surprised than anything.

Magic was a concept that existed, however...

"B-But... Saber!" Izuku desperately approached her, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Having Magic is way, *way* rarer than having a quirk!"

"Hm..." She placed a hand under her chin while Izuku realized in what position he was in. With a melting face, he let go of her, frantically shaking around. "I think it's worth giving it a shot."

Izuku, of course, had no reason to refuse any chance that he could get to reach his dream; but still, after years of being bashed, bullied and humiliated for being Quirkless, something like that would, even if a little, do some kind of scar in his mind. *Gaining a power from pure and utter luck*... Izuku hated that premise.

He pinched the bridge of his nose but nodded.

"That's great!" She beamed one of the brightest smiles Izuku had ever seen. It reassured him that, even if he didn't have the capability of using Magic, Saber would still be by his side. He clenched his fists and sterned his vision. He'd move forward, he vowed it to himself, and to her.

After that, Saber went on to explain Izuku about Magic.

Basically, there's two primary sources of magical energy: Mana and Od.

Mana is the live energy that's on the atmosphere, and it's really abundant - however, if it's somehow depleted, it'll take a *considerably* high amount of time to be restored. It is produced by the earth and can be absorbed by a Magus.

Od, however, is the opposite of Mana. It's produced by the body of living beings, and it's in everyone, from humans to animals. However, there's a huge difference between a Magus and normal people in that regard: a normal adult Magus would have approximately 20-25 units of Od, while a high-ranking Magus would have, usually, twenty times that number.

When Od is depleted, the Magic Circuits of the person would come in and start to replenish it.

Magic Circuit is basically a structure inside the soul of the person that convert Mana and Od, brute magical energy, to the processed and refined one: Prana. It cannot change or be repaired, and as such, ultimate care is required when using it. There is, however, a physical "representation" of that in the body of every Magus, more or less resembling a circuit/nervous system that covers the whole body.

It's way more efficient, practical and overall better to use Prana than Mana and Od.

However, there's one more way of getting magical energy... Through a Magus blood, which, if ingested, would replenish the wasted Prana/Od in the body of whoever drunk it.