Ch. 6 - His First Step

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Fate series characters, original story and everything belongs to TYPE-MOON, the owner of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 6 – His First Step

Izuku had finally beaten his lifelong dread of quirklessness; powerlessness. With Saber—Arturia Pendragon—as his partner, he felt as if he was not alone in that unforgiving world.

After wiping his heavy tears away, his wounded heart felt much lighter. He hugged Arturia tightly, grasping onto the only friend, apart from his mother, he's ever had since Bakugo turned into the heartless prick he was.

"Saber, thank you..." He stuttered, trying to contain his explosive emotions.

Even if Bakugo said something that many would refer to as 'shallow', Izuku already had pent-up emotions swallowing his conscience from way before then. That one thing only lighted the wick; it was the last drop before the cup would overflow.

"... Shh, it's all right... I'm here... I'm not going anywhere..." She rubbed his back, soothing him like the calmest lullaby.

Izuku's sobs came to a halt, and his tears dried the moist-swallowed face.

He gently stood up and looked down at Arturia, with a newfound sparkle lighting his eyes. Saber was there, and that's all he needed.

"Sab-... Arturia, I've made up my mind..." He resolved himself. "I want to train; physically, mentally—anything that can lead me, even if one step closer to my dream!" He crouched down, and once again was at face-level with her.

She smiled sweetly, and without any hesitation placed a hand on his head, rubbing it.

"Of course... I will support you until the end of your days come..." She put on a dignified and strict expression.

She stood up and motioned Izuku to do the same.

"It won't be easy. You will bleed, your bones will feel like they are breaking and your spirit will be threatened. Will your resolution trample over those things?!"

"Yes!" He didn't hesitate.

"Will you not give up, even if everyone else says so?!"

"I won't!"

"Then follow me! I will drill battlefield, swordsmanship and self-defense knowledge into your brain, and you'll become a hero!"

"I will become the best hero! I will!" His spark turned into flames.

His previously extinct resolve was ignited back again, and he wouldn't let that go to waste. Arturia cracked a barely noticeable smile.

I'll just have to convince his mother...

...

Right. Left. Jump!

Izuku dodged an incoming missile of an object by a haywire. His respiration was uncoordinated, and as much as his clothes were heavily drenched in sweat, his resolve didn't waver.

The object, for a moment, could be identified as a practice sword, and, without wasting a single second, it came back in an adjacent arc, stopping right before hitting Izuku's neck.