Ch. 10 - Sudden Inspiration

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Fate series characters, original story and everything belongs to TYPE-MOON, the owner of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 10 – Sudden Inspiration

Izuku's confrontation with Bakugo earlier wasn't an easy one. It wouldn't be in any way. Their long-ignored memories were just a reminder of the childhood friendship they had. All that remained was just a remnant of their past closeness.

Saber couldn't say anything at that time. Who could? It was just so unfair to the meek greenette, who put his heart out in the open like a seller, only for it to be crushed by the utter hate that his former friend had.

Washing those thoughts away, her nostrils were attacked by a sudden rush of sweetness. The light burbling and sting-crackling of the frying pan caressed her ears seductively, inviting her to devour whatever was the source of such an aroma.

Her lips slightly twitched whilst thinking of the possible combinations of food the 'Gourmet Mother', as she liked to call, would prepare. Would it be a special Yakisoba? Fried meat with rice?

She didn't know, but that didn't matter. What did, though, was the fact that she had been eating the best meals since the beginning of what she could remember. Not even the big cooks of her past monarchy could get close to that mother's cooking.

It wasn't the ingredients since she knew that she had eaten food bathed in the most exquisite and wanted sauce in the kingdom...

It wasn't the utensils since she had eaten with pure-gold items before (courtesy of a meeting she had with a duchess, once)...

Thinking about those things, the sudden footsteps drew away her own attention.

"Hey..." Izuku greeted, still hurt from the earlier event.

"Are you... better?" Saber worriedly smiled.

"... Yeah," He sighed.

The atmosphere was somewhat awkward. Saber had seen Izuku's futile struggles to regain a lost friendship... Something he thought was so unsightly for her to see.

"Sorry for letting you see that whole drama," Izuku dejectedly looked down.

"... You know?" Saber gestured Izuku to sit beside her.

He complied, gently scooting over. He could clearly hear her quiet respiration, going along with the beat of his own heart, but not for long, since his own began to kick against his ribcage in a frenzy waltz...

He hadn't stopped to notice how cute she was. His eyes held no malice and no ulterior motive while looking—They held straight admiration for that girl that he could call a friend.

Shaking his head internally, he continued to pay attention to her speech.

"... I don't think that what you've done was wrong in any way. What you accomplished, however, was proving that you were up to forgive—That's what a true friend would do," She placed her light and soft hand on top of his head, gently and calmly ruffling it. He closed his eyes on reflex, just like a kid.

Izuku hung his head, still somewhat dejected from the whole ordeal. Though, he felt a tad bit happier from the pampering he received from his friend. It was sweet and unknown to him how much being patted actually elated his previously and somewhat depressed state.