Ch. 5 - Together

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Arturia is the King of Knights... I've misread it somewhere. Oh well, fixed!

Fate series characters, original story and everything belongs to TYPE-MOON, the owner of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 5 – Together

Izuku was locked in his room. The tears that fell from his face undermined the floor like an endless array of bombs on a rock. They exploded angst.

His lament reverberated throughout the rooms of the house, and periodically pierced the ears of his mother and Servant; they tried to get in his room, but it was locked... His mother was also crying, muttering, 'It is my fault!', or 'What a great mother I am, huh?'

Saber looked at Inko, trying to find a way to help them. It pained her to see both of the cinnamon rolls crying like that, and that scene with Izuku crying in his room, alone, reminded the blonde of her loneliness. She remembered vividly, every day after pulling out Caliburn of the stone... She regretted it. She felt as if she wasn't worth or necessary to the kingdom right then.

All she wanted was to live a normal life, find someone to love, build a family... be human. But after pulling that holy sword, all she could do was to be a king. She was no longer human.

Her 15-year old body stopped aging long ago.

Getting rid of those horrible thoughts, she was decided that she would help the family, try to make them happy... Like she wasn't able to be.

With newfound resolve, she tapped the shoulder of Inko and nodded. The mother didn't know what she was about to do but knew that she could leave her son to the blonde.

Something about Saber made Inko reassured... It wasn't the fact that she was a Servant, or that she was dignifyingly gorgeous or anything like that...

I guess Izuku finally made a good friend...

That simple statement removed any worry in Inko's heart; she somehow knew that Saber would comfort him... The mother smiled and observed her.

Saber got to the door and knocked, "Izuku, can I talk to you?" She placed her ear on the wooden door, trying to listen to anything.

"P... Please leave me alone..." His voice cracked, filled with heartfelt sadness. Angst poured out of it like a damaged cup that tried to hold water; his emotions couldn't be contained for he felt broken, cracked, full of holes.

Those feelings hit her harder than a dwarf slamming full-force onto her with the heaviest steel hammer available. Her usually cold and strict expression frowned, and her face was that of a sad mother.

Saber didn't repeat what she said, knowing that Izuku didn't need words... he needed actions.

Without saying anything else, she walked over to Inko and whispered something; the mother, after hearing that, hesitated... but agreed. She had to help her child before it was too late... before he could fall into a darker and deeper pit.

The golden-haired Servant stood in front of the door, lowering her body enough so that she didn't make any sound when unsheathing her weapon... Soundlessly, the sword was taken out of its sheath; both invisible and surrounded by a mysterious mist.