Sebastian Chapter 9

His foot taps against the ground. Anxiousness courses through him. Sebastian's been waiting out side in the waiting room for hours.

Only thoughts of Veronica fill his head. He thinks of her beautiful smile, and of her joyful laugh. He wonders why he cares so much for a girl he just met, but whenever he's around her he seems happier, and all he wants to do is protect her.

A blood curdling scream rips through the air, snapping him out of his deep thought. It takes a moment then he realizes who's scream that is. A chill travels through his body.

"Veronica," he whispers.

He jumps to his feet, and before he knows what he's doing he's running toward her room. The sound of her scream echoing in his head drives him faster. He finally reaches the glass doors that hold Veronica behind them.

"Sebastian, you can't be hear. Go back to the waiting room!" A shorter guard with a very low voice says.

"Jim please! I can calm her down, you just have to let me," he pleads.

"I'm sorry Sebastian, but I just can't. I have my orders," he explains sympathy filling his voice.

"I don't care about your orders. If you aren't going to let me through I will force my way through," he says all the pain in his voice replaced by anger.

The other guard Darrel cuts in, "Why do you care anyways?"

"It's obvious Darrel," Jim says, "He's in love with the girl."

"What? No I-"Sebastian starts.

"Sebastian in love," Darrel scoffs, "Yeah right."

"It's the truth. The boy can't help his feelings,"Jim replies.

The two continue to debate over Sebastian's love life, not even noticing him slip by.

"Idiots," he mumbles under his breath.

Then he sees her lying on the hospital bed. He starts to walk toward her when a group of doctors step in front of him. He tried to gently push past them, but it wasn't working too well.

"Sebastian, your not supposed to be in here," one of the female doctors explain.

"Let me through Karen," Sebastian says sternly.

"Guards," Karen shouts at Jim and Darrel who ignore her still talking about Sebastian's love life.

Sebastian pushes through the doctors. He sees Veronica's mouth move, and he watches her eyes close as she goes unconscious. He looks down and sees a stain of blood on her gown.

"Sebastian the Director wants to see you," Darrel says.

The long walk to the Director's office left Sebastian thoughts of Veronica to cloud his head, wondering if she'll be okay. He pulls himself together. His hand knocks on the door.

"Come in," a deep gravelly voice exclaims.

Sebastian marches in, "Sir."

"Sebastian we need to talk about the girl," the Director says.

"Of course sir, what would you like to talk about?" Sebastian asks politely.

"I hope you aren't getting attached to this girl," he says.

"Of course not sir," Sebastian replies.

"Good. So no more breaking into her operation room," the Director says.

"Of course sir," Sebastian replies.

"Very well," the Director nods after looking at Sebastian closely, "And Sebastian if you are so inclined you may wait out in the waiting area, and I'll have the doctors notify you when you can visit her. You may go."

"Thank you sir," Sebastian replies, and he turns and leaves briskly.

Am I being emotionally attached. He asks himself. He shakes his head to get the thought out of his mind. Of course not I'm a trained agent. Nothing will get to me especially not a girl.

He heads back to the waiting. Trying not to think about her, and his unclear feelings. He waits a few more hours when a doctor walks up to him.

"She'll be awake soon. You can come in if you'd like," the doctor says.