Epilogue

Two scientist make their way down the dim hallway, with the sound of water dripping echoing in the absence of their conversation. The tall, dark headed one swipes his badge against the lock, and with a beep the large steel door swings open revealing a boy strapped to a table unconscious. Blood is being pulled from his body, while a thick black liquid is being pumped in.

"How is soldier 162 doing," asks the short, fat doctor to the petit nurse that sits at the desk in the corner.

"The transfusion of the mp40 has been going for almost an hour," she replied looking down at the charts in her hand.

"Has he awakened?" The tall one asks.

"No, not since we started his heart again," she replies nervously.

The short scientist walks over to the desk, and picks up a necklace with a silver ring and a green jewel inside. "What's this?"

"Oh that?" She says, "It's just um... a... I-I found it in his pocket when we brought him in." The short one lets out a huff. "I heard he sacrificed himself for his girlfriend, it was probably hers."

"I don't care why he's here or why he has it, I care why you have kept it. When he wakes he cannot see anything that could remind him of who he was. It's too early in the process for anything that might trigger his memories," the short one barks.

"I'll throw it way when I leave," she quickly responds.

"Good," he says turning around to speak to the other scientist, "Now lets go prep the other room for stage two, and don't forget the mask, I'm not in the mood for screams today."

"Yes sir," the tall one answers quickly. Both exit, leaving the nurse alone in the room with the unconscious boy.

She picks up the necklace, looking at it in her hand. Then she looks up at the boy, "Poor kid, you don't even have the slightest clue of what you're in for."