Sebastian Chapter 28

Sebastian walks hurriedly down the hallway toward his room to pack for his mission. He slams his door as he burst into his room. He paces around his room in frustration, try to think about what to do. He pulls out the standard black back pack and starts stuffing clothes in it.

"They want me to stay away from her, but then they assign us a mission together," he rants in anger punching a shirt into the bag. "Are they trying to make my life difficult?"

He yanks the zippers shut in three quick motions, and collapse on his bed letting out a sigh of frustration. How can he stay away from her to protector if this stupid agency assigned him on missions with her.

He stalks out of his room in fury heading towards her room. He knows he should just wait until their debriefing, but if this dumb agency was already trying to make him fail why not help them little bit right. He paused in front of her door his hand lifted in the air about to knock, but something inside him, mainly his brain, told him not to that if he did she might get hurt. However, the idiot in him mainly known as his heart, couldn't bare another day without her. It was like each passing moment that she was a way, was another piece of him being slowly chipped away.

Before he could make the decision of whether or not to knock, it opened and Veronica came crashing into him sending them both tumbling to the ground. She landed on top of him, her beautiful hair creating a curtain that blocked out the world and left just him and her, exactly how Sebastian wished the world was.

"Sorry," she says a smile playing at her lips.

His heart skipped a beat at that smile, her smile, but he tried to keep it cool. He tried to keep her safe, "Um, we should get going so we can get all the information for the assignment." His voice was flat, but on the inside his heart broke from the look that crossed her face as he said those words. The fact that he could cause her pain destroyed him, but he had to keep her safe.

If something were to happen to her, he could live with himself. NO! He could live, it was as simple as that, without her there was no point for him to live. So this is how he kept her safe, by keeping her at a distance.

"Right," she says, "Let's go."

He lead the way in silence, he couldn't stand looking back at her. Thankfully she started talking, "So, how's it going?"

A smile formed as he said this, "It's going."

"Cool, cool," she says nodding her head.

"How's it going for you Veronica," he replies trying to conceal a smile.

"You mean besides the fact that I was thrown out onto the streets, shot in the stomach, started working for the government agency that I had previously hated, started training then got hit by this weird electricity thing that put me in the hospital, then started training with a women who wants to kill me by running?" She says sarcastically, "Then yes I'm doing well."

At this Sebastian can't hold in his laughter any longer, "Well, I'm so glad that you are content."

"Ha-ha laugh all you want, but it's true I am positive that Agent Lea wants to kill me by making me sprint miles upon miles," she says defensively.

"Oh I'm sure," Sebastian replies with fake sympathy.

"Whatever," she says, "I don't know why you would understand. You were made perfectly." She falls silent the moment this comes out of her mouth, but Sebastian's heart never beat so loudly.

"You think I'm perfect?" He says flirtatiously.

"In your dreams," she says laughing.

"How do you know what I've been dreaming about?" He asks jokingly.

Veronica bursts into a fit of laughter at his comment, but she didn't know that he did dream of her. Sometimes of just them on the roof other times her being tortured while he had to watch. Those were the nights that motivated him to keep her safe.

"Oh Sebastian, I'm flattered that you dream about me," she says with a smile.

"How could I not, you're just so amusing," he says. She slaps him hard on the arm, causing him to wince in pain. She wore a smug smile as she marched ahead of him.

"Hey genius the briefing room is this way," Sebastian says pointing down the hall that Veronica just past.

"Well you should have stepped up to lead," she says shaking her head in false disapprovement.

"My bad," he says.

"At least you're taking responsibility now," she says.

He rolls his eyes with a smile and says, "Come on we don't want to be late."

They settled in two seats on one side of a small wooden table, in a cramped room. Veronica fiddles with the end of her braid, while Sebastian taps his fingers on the table as they wait. Finally, a tall woman with black hair pulled back into a professional looking bun walked in fiercely, taking the seat in front of them.

"Agent Hall," she says nodding, "Miss Daldalian. I assume you both know why you're here."

"Yes ma'am," Sebastian answered sincerely.

"Good, then that will save us time," she replies laying a file on the table. "This is your mission. Find and track down this man. Jared Johnson, we know that he works for Black Dagger and has information about a new potential 'project' that could determine the fate of how the world lives." They both nod in understanding before she continues, "Agent Hall, the plane is in the hangar when you are ready. Any further information is in this file. Good Luck."

After she leaves the room, Veronica looks at Sebastian and says, "Well, that was vague."

"You don't even know," he replies. "Are you ready to go?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," she replies, but then asks, "Why did she tell you where the plane was?"

"That's because I will be the one flying it," he says standing up with his bag.

"You know how to fly a plane?" Veronica asks in disbelief.

"Veronica, there are a lot of things you don't know about me," he says and starts walking toward the plane.