Five

Kim Soo Mi's POV

"Is it a yes or a yes?"

"Huh?" I asked, wrinkles forming on my forehead in confusion.

Taehyung pats my head and went back to his chair behind the desk. He nodded to his members to not mind them and continue with their business because there were still fans on the line. "I didn't get to ask what your name is."

I fiddled with my fingers and looked down at the ground with flushed cheeks, "My name is Kim Soo Mi."

"Same last name," he muttered and smirked to himself that's too low for me to hear.

He shook his head and finally said, "We'll be meeting soon. I look forward to seeing you around, if we have the chance." He then signed on my notepad and passed it to Jungkook not giving me a chance to even say HI to him.

I turned to Jungkook who was a little uncomfortable seeing his hyung talking to someone like me and just waved a little at me. I bowed to him in  apology and walked away towards the exit of the backstage.

Hee-young was standing just outside the fence when she noticed something weird about me. "So? How did it go meeting your idols?"

I grinned which is of course a fake, "It was great! It's really a dream come true for me." I hugged her tightly as we made our way back home.

========================

"Thank you for this day, Hee-young! You're the most awesome friend I could have!" I gave her one last hug.

Hee-young chuckled, "I'm like your boyfriend or something. It's nothing, as long as I see my friend happy." She hugged me back before I waved goodbye at her and she left.

When I got inside our house, my mom was waiting for me while she was watching TV with a bowl of popcorn in her hands. "Oh! Welcome back. How did it go, sweetie?" She asked.

My eyes sparkled in delight as I sat on the sofa with her and I squealed, "They were super cool! They look more handsome in person! It was like...magical." I exaggerated with my actions and she chuckled at my gestures and shuffled my hair.

"Good to know then. But I still don't like how loud some of their music are." She frowned, munching some popcorn in her mouth.

I placed my head on her shoulder and asked out of the blue, "Eomma, what if you fall for a person that's so different from you? Someone who's very impossible to reach?"

She was silent for awhile while munching popcorn in her mouth, "Hmm, well if that person feels the same for you, I guess fate will bring you closer together. I don't personally believe in destiny but you know what I mean? Like, all we be laid in their proper places. Oh whatever, that's how I met your father anyways." Her eyes teared up remembering my late dad.

He died a year ago because of stage four lung cancer. Appa, however, died peacefully when he bid us goodbye. We accepted it wholly because we understood that he was tired as well. Even though it hurt for me and eomma, we loved him so much and only wished happiness for him.

"Just remember this, Soo Mi.  If you love that person, fight for what you feel in your heart. But if he doesn't return the same feelings, then don't force him to love you back. I believe that it's also important to use your mind when you listen to your heart so that you avoid getting hurt." My mother advised me with all the seriousness in her eyes. She held my hand tightly and squeezed gently.

"I will, Eomma." I smiled at her and squeezed her hand back in assurance.

Will Taehyung feel the same way as I do? Will our paths cross together if we're really meant for each other?

With that, I kissed my mom goodnight and went inside my room to rest. I carefully laid my mall show pass in my treasure box where I kept all things memorable to me. I smiled to myself remembering how I met BTS earlier. I grabbed a pen on my desk and wrote the current date at the back of the pass.

"I'll bear this important date in my mind forever." I put the pass in the box and placed it under my bed.

A dream where I could meet you once again.

Your rectangular smile that makes my knees go jelly.

Your hazel chestnut hair right in my fingertips.

Your hand near enough for me to hold.

And your heart that I wished was for me to cherish.

----------------

A/n: Annyeong! Sorry it's a short chapt for now. I'm making it slow so that Soo Mi and Taehyung's love story don't seem quick to develop.

Thank you so much for your support! 💞💞