Twenty Three

Park Hee-young's POV

The sunlight seeped through the curtain blinds of my room, waking me up from my deep sleep. I had a good rest after I arrived from work last night. Weekdays were tiring but weekends exhaust me even more. Good thing there was take-away food waiting for me for breakfast.

It was a Sunday morning and my two part time jobs were closed coincidentally because there was an emergency going on. I didn't mind the sudden holiday.

I quickly did my morning routine and went down the stairs to be greeted by my mom who was making two cups of coffee. Hers was black and mine was creamy brown one. I wanted mine sweet and creamy while she preferred the original taste—bitter.

"Morning." I kissed her cheek while she finished stirring my cup of coffee.

"Goodmorning, sweetheart. Did you sleep well?" Mom asked, her face lighting up when she saw how I sighed in content as I sipped the coffee she made.

"I think my soul has come back inside my body again." I joked, then added. "By the way, this is freaking delicious." I referred to the coffee I was drinking.

Her cheeks turned red at my praise, "It's nothing compared to the food you bring home from the restos you work at. They taste amazing and well-cooked."

"Anything to fill my favorite person's stomach." I playfully winked at her and gulped the coffee to the last drop before bringing my mug to the sink and washed it clean.

"Do you have any plans today?" She asked me.

I looked up in wonder, imagining a cloud of thoughts above my head, "Well, I need to go shopping because I'm running out of clothes to wear at work."

Mom scrunched her face in confusion which was adorably cute. "Clothes for what? Don't they have uniforms or something?"

"Well, this cafe I'm working at got this idea to have a theme every Saturday. The manager decided we would be wearing any shades of pink because it can attract new customers. He said something like that." I explained to her in defense. While doing so, I opened the fridge to get some take-aways from last night and heat it in the microwave to eat.

"Oh, that's cute! What an amazing idea. Pink really attracts the girls and the kids." Mom squealed at the thought giddily.

I nodded in agreement, "Yeps, that's why I'll be going out today to the mall to buy pink blouses and shirts."

Mom was about to bring out her wallet before I stopped her. "No, eomma. I'll use the money I earned. It's enough anyway."

"Are you sure? I'll give you extra cash just in case." She suggested in concern but I declined politely.

"It's okay, eomma. Thanks though." I stood up from my chair and opened the microwave to get the heated food. After eating my breakfast, I announced I would be leaving this morning so I can go back home early.

"Take care, sweetheart. Come back home soon and safely." She hugged me and saw me off through the door with a wave.

=====================

I'll be blunt about it but I'm confident in my fashion sense. Soo Mi always asks for my opinion when she's dressing up and I sometimes do her make up when we have our girls' date. I have been the fashionista type of girl so I had no problem looking for clothes that suit me.

I easily spotted the usual shop I buy my clothes in and started hunting for anything pink that is available.

There was a Barbie pink buttoned-up crop top polo and a pastel pink lace off-shoulder that instantly got my attention and hurried to the fitting room to see if it suits me.