Seven

Kim Soo Mi's POV

"Hey, I heard BTS is staying in Gwangju for vacation." Hee-young munched on her ham sandwich with me on the school roof top. But she didn't get any response from me and smirked. She put the cold soda can on my cheek and I flinched in shock.

"COLD! WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR, PABO!" I yelled at her, warming my cheek with my hand and massaged it.

She glared at me, "Well, you've been spacing out. Normally when you hear BTS, you instantly squeal and listen to me, but now.." My best friend slumped sadly and I felt guilty for not paying attention to her.

"I haven't told you something." I muttered to her, pushing my bangs in front of my face, whispering.

"What?" She asked, her brows raising curiously. Hee-young scooted closer to me, listening in to what I was going to say.

"Well, actually. Before the mall show, Kim Taehyung and I met by accident." I slowly said as her eyes widened in shock. She moved across me and held my hand in worry.

"Did he hurt you? Did he do anything to you? What happened?" she bombarded me with these questions and I chuckled, ruffling the top of her head.

I smiled softly at her, tears pooling in my eyes as I spoke, "It's my fault, Hee-young. I shouldn't have feelings for him from the beginning because in the end, it would still be me getting hurt. That's why, I decided to push him away and forget him for the greater good."

Pain was what I felt that moment why telling my best friend all of this. I thought that my mind should win over my heart despite the fact that my feelings for him were stronger. But that's how the saying goes about how you make sacrifices for love. That is what I'm doing right now. I'm sacrificing my feelings for Kim Taehyung because I also worry about my sake and my value as well.

"Are you sure about this, Soo Mi?" Her voice broke in concern for me. She could see through me that this was difficult for me too.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, "Well, I have no choice, do I?" I laughed bitterly, crying slowly, tears running down my cheeks and hugged Hee-young.

Author's POV

The young man stood outside of her house, watching the window of her room like a creepy stalker. He shuffled his hands within the warm pockets of his coat in the evening cold, breathing out. His eyes darted to any movement that he could see—any sign that she was okay even if she was pushing him away.

He honestly didn't think that in a short amount of time, he would care about that girl who was almost ran by his car on her bicycle. He was starstruck by her unique beauty with that crazy personality of hers because she was his fan. Kim Taehyung was not the type to entertain his fans when not in front of the media but with that girl, Kim Soo Mi, he was willing to show her that he really cares for her. For the first time, he felt something for this person that day he met her.

"Why do you want to push me away?" He spoke, hoping that she would hear him but it's no use. She broke his heart by telling him she doesn't want to see him anymore. "What did I do?" He reached out his hand in the air and pulled it back towards his chest, as if feeling the pain of not being held.

When he saw her at their mall show event, he was happy because he thought that she was there to see him. Although, he was jealous when she was excited in front of his hyungs so at the last minute, when she was about to go to Jungkook, he teased her about a proposal to get to know her. He was amused when he noticed how her cheeks would turn red because of him. He was proud that he was the only one who could do that and Kim Taehyung would definitely like it to stay that way.

But he guessed that his proposal was cancelled for good because she doesn't want anything to do with him or with his life. Maybe she doesn't want to be a fan of BTS anymore.

At that moment he was reminiscing those little memories, he realized that he, in fact, loved that girl. It escalated really quick but it was the truth. Kim Taehyung was fond of her no matter how much he tried to deny it himself.

"If that's what you want, then I'll wish for your happiness. I'll respect your decision." He talked to the window of her house like a complete idiot. If some people would see him at that moment, they would probably think he was doing a paranormal activity at that spot. "Thanks for loving me, as a fan."

He turned on his heels and walked away, without looking back.