Twenty Eight

Kim Soo Mi's POV

"Happy New Year!" Our glasses made a clinging sound with each other, raising a glass for another year end.

I saw Hee-young stare at her cellphone so I thought maybe she was greeting her friends as well so I didn't interrupt.

"Where's Taehyung?" Mom approached me, asking.

My heart thumped out of my chest. Oh, I haven't told a single thing about what happened.

"He's busy with his schedule, eomma." I answered politely and gave her a smile. "But he wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well."

"I hope he does well with his work." She hoped, grinning and continuing her uneaten fruit salad.

Glancing at my phone, I expected at least another voice or text message from him.

But there wasn't. Maybe he gave up apologizing.

Who could I blame? I was hurt from what Taehyung did. He couldn't expect me to just forgive him with a 'sorry'. He didn't even go here to do it personally. How would I know he is sincere?

But then maybe he would't know that.

Taehyung is too busy anyway.

I put him out of my mind and cleaned up the dining table. This should distract me for now. I can't afford being lonely at this time.

I miss you...

"Whatever." I muttered to myself, finishing washing the dishes and get myself cleaned up. I smell like smoke from the fireworks outside after the celebration have stopped.

I wiped my hands dry on a towel and went to my bedroom upstairs to get a set of new clothes when I was met by a surprising sight.

"What the heck are you doing here? Who let you in?" I angrily asked, moving away from him and to my cabinet.

"Your mom let me in from the back door. I was sure you wouldn't want to meet me when I knock properly so I did this." Taehyung answered guiltily, sitting on the corner of my bed.

I pulled out a t-shirt and pajamas for the night. "What makes you think I would welcome you either way. You hurt me and you know that."

"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too." He bitterly smiled, placing a wrapped gift on the center of my bed.

"I don't want it."

He stayed in his place and let out a breath, "I'm sorry."

"Like you really mean it."

"I am. I really am."

"Right."

I opened the window, letting the cold breeze enter, "Just go. Please."

"Do you want me to?"

I didn't speak.

For a moment, we stared into each other's eyes. "I am hurt. What do you expect?" I answered coldly.

There was pain flashed in his eyes for a brief second before opening the door out, "I'm sorry."

"Go."

The door shut closed.

=========================

"Why did you do that?"

Mom tensed at the question, "I just thought that something was wrong so I let him in so you could talk about it." She sighed in surrender.

"It's our problem." I hugged my legs close to my chest and rested my chin on my knees.

"I'm sorry, dear. I didn't mean to interfere. Just wanted to help." She slumped her shoulders down.

True, I understood where my mother was coming from but..Taehyung is my first boyfriend. I never experienced anything like this before. Who would have thought that the person I love the most will give me so much pain?

Can you believe that Taehyung and I are just going on our second month in our relationship and he did that. If he could do something like this so fast, what more in the future?

Maybe we're not meant to be together after all.

It's unfair that my happiness only lasted this long.

I hate my luck.

I hate my life.

=======================

A/n: So sorry for the late update! We went on a trip out of town so I couldn't publish a chapter but here it is! Sorry if it's kinda short this time. I'm saving something big kekeke ;)

~itskarenduuhh~