Six

A/n: Annyeong! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Sml ❤

=======================

Kim Soo Mi's POV

It was another weekend, which I usually loved since I get to rest for long periods of time after a tiring week of school. I managed to finish all my homeworks that day and thought of having a Run BTS marathon so I turned on my laptop to start on it.

Eomma had some bonding time with her highschool friends so she told me she won't be back till 8 in the evening. That was more than enough time for me to lie on my bed all day long watching Run BTS episodes to fill my empty soul.

While watching, my mind drifted off to Kim Taehyung and remembered his "proposal" last weekend. He told me that he wanted to get to know me but it's been a week and he's not even doing anything to do that. Maybe he just wanted to get my hopes up since I was an ARMY.

Damn him. I cursed at him in my mind.

Because of that, I was not in the mood anymore to watch Run BTS because I would only see Taehyung's handsome angelic face that would make my blood boil even more.

"What do I do? I'm bored." I pouted to myself, thinking of other things to do. But I had no idea. I'm just a potato who's not talented besides having a dance concert every morning and fangirling to BTS.

I'm just a nobody.

The sentence popped out of nowhere, making my heart sink in despair. I turned my head to the side of my wall where all of my BTS posters were. Again, I was being dramatic with myself and sulking how I'm in a different world from theirs. I need to learn and accept what reality has for me.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I slapped myself for being such a crybaby every time. If my life would be made into a story, the readers would probably get annoyed of my attitude and character because I always cry and get sad with hopelessness.

I sighed and grabbed my earphones as I plugged them into my ear. I put my playlist on shuffle when the first song played in my ears.

Jin:
mitneunge aniya
beotyeoboneun geoya
hal su issneunge da igeot ppun iraseo

meomulgo sipeo
deo kkumkugo sipeo
geuraedo mariya
tteonal ttaega dwaessneungeol

I smirked to myself in pity, "Awake huh? What a coincidence. Are you singing this for me, Jin Seokjin? How could you possibly know what I'm going through?"

Yeah it's my truth
It's my truth
Ontong sangcheo tuseong igessji

But it's my fate
It's my fate
Geuraedo balpbeodung chigo sipeo oh

I closed my eyes, understanding the song deeply as I readied myself for the impact of the chorus.

Maybe I, I can never fly
Jeogi jeo kkocipdeulcheoreom
Nalgareul dan geot cheoreomeun andwae

Maybe I, I can't touch the sky
Geuraedo son ppeotgo sipeo
Dallyeo bogo sipeo jogeum deo

That's when it hit me.

I need to wake up from this hopeless dream. I need to be awake from this or else, I would end up hurting myself with these feelings I have for Kim Taehyung even if it was only shortlived.

My heart hammered in my chest, thinking hard about what I have to do. I probably look like a mental patient right now because I kept biting my lip and rolling around my bed like a crazy person.

A person who's crazy in love with an idol.

"Ugh! Get a hold of yourself, Kim Soo Mi!" I shouted to no one in particular and I suddenly ran out of my bedroom, heading downstairs. "I need to get some air."

I fixed and combed my hair quickly and put on a jacket since it was quite chilly outside. I picked up my phone and texted my mom that I would be going out for a bit and locked the house before heading somewhere.

When I was finally done locking the padlock on our gate, I turned around to see someone with a black mask on his face. I froze on my tracks, immediately recognizing his hair color and mesmerizing eyes that I knew very well.

"W..What are you doing here?" I stuttered, gaping at him in surprise.

He put his hands in his coat casually, "Well I have my proposal right? Not to brag, but I'm true to my word." Taehyung stepped forward and stood in front of me. "Going somewhere, Soo Mi?"

He said my name..

"None of your business." I whispered, looking down on the ground. I could feel his intense stare on me and it was very heavy like the gravity was pushing down its weight on my body.

I heard him chuckle which made me confused. "You going cold on me? I thought you were my loyal fan?"

"Why do you care?" I spat back at him but not fully confident if I did it right. All I know is that I need to forget everything about him even if it's difficult to do.

"I gave you my attention because you made me interested about you. And now that your idol is right in front of you, inches away, you're going to avoid me? Do you have mood swings or something?" Taehyung laughed at my change of mind. He was right in some way but I had my reasons too. He wouldn't understand because he was not in my shoes.

I muttered, without facing him, "Well, deal with it. I changed my mind. Why do you care anyway. I'm no one for you. I'm ordinary unlike you who's world famous now." I walked away, putting my hands in my jacket's pockets to warm them. I briskly moved so that he won't catch up to me and leave me alone.

I felt a hand grab my arm and turned me around but I still looked down without making eye contact. "What's the matter with you, Kim Soo Mi? You wanted this right? You wanted me to notice you right?" Taehyung was getting annoyed by the minute. "You're saying all these nonsense-"

"EXACTLY! Nonsense! I don't make any sense that's why just leave me alone. Don't waste your time on someone like me! Go and find other pretty idols who's in the same world as you!" I yelled at him, tears running down my cheeks and I could see that he was surprised by my action towards him.

He was silent for awhile and slowly loosened his hold on me, his face cold, "Is that what you want?"

I nodded my head confidently, wiping my face with the back of my hand. I didn't want to show Taehyung I was weak.

"Fine." With that, he left me there.

Goodbye, Kim Taehyung.