Headphones

I crudely shoved the earphones into my ears. Then I started playing music off of my phone. Lip sinking to the music and dancing slightly, I turned on my computer. The music was at the top level of sound so I could hear nothing else. Waiting for the computer to turn on, I walked into the kitchen and made myself a drink, still dancing slightly. To do that I had to go through my cream the living room were my parents were. I decided I wouldn't look as I didn't know what they would be doing, nothing bad but, I don't know, I just really didn't want to look, I had an unexplainable feeling....

Back in my room and slowly drinking my small cup of doctor pepper,  started playing my computer, well I say playing, really I was just checking email and reading stories. The music was still blaring in my ears.. Then a hand touched my shoulder, as it did the song playing said 'time is critical' I knew that that was the truth. Just as I was about to scream, a hand covered my mouth. I let it take me as I thought of the perfect way to make it let go. The thing led me into the front room were my parents were... They were covered in blood and obviously dead. Their blood covered the entire side of the room. Yet still, the music was playing, ironicly it was playing happy by pharrell. I didn't hear their screams, and all because I was using headphones... If only I had looked...