Friend?

I was wondering home from a friends, and it was late! I wasn't ever scared of the dark, or people in the dark. Since a child I was never scared of the dark, or anything really for that matter, but anyway, back on topic.

I was walking down the street but then I heard a noise, I assumed it was a sort of animal. Funny that isn't it. Daytime we hear a noise and investigate, but nighttime we hear a noise and always assume that it is some sort of animal, and don't check. I'm trying to lengthen this as much as I can, because I don't want to get to the end.

There were no street lights but I had the torch on my phone. Te noise kept going on, and I wasn't going to attempt to fool myself, I knew it was a person, but luckily I always keep something in my bag that could be used as a weapon, for example: A can of drink, a pair of scissors, I think you get the picture...  I opened my bag and took a pair of scissors out and stuck them in my pocket. I kept that hand in my pocket after I did my bag back up. I was a little startled when I heard a voice calling out.

"Hello! Please, friend?" The voice raised at the end to let me know they were asking a question, straight of the bat, why would someone just say 'friend?'? I kept walking, at the same pace. Then I heard footsteps, running past me then stopping. Okay, I'll admit that I was terrified! But I wasn't going to show it!

"Friend?" The voice was one of a child which creeped me out more, but I don't know why... I was now under street lights which at least meant that I would be able to see the odd person if they came to close.

Suddenly a figure stepped out from the shadows, just as I had thought! It was a chid, a girl, her hair was long, but I couldn't tell the colour, though I knew it was dark, probably dark brown or black. I couldn't really tell any of her colours, for example, her eye colour was a complete mystery. Now I felt stupid . There was a pair of scissors in my pocket, and it's just a little girl, maybe 7 or 8! But as I took a step forward, I tightened my grip on the scissors and nearly screamed. The girls face was covered in blood! It was around her mouth and she had a few scars that ruined her right cheek. I can no longer say that I'm not scared of anything. I'm scared of little girls that wonder around at night saying 'friend?' that have blood around their mouths and scars on their faces! I'd call that a pretty damn rational fear!

"Friend?" This time she seemed to be getting a bit aggressive.

"Look, go home kid, standing around on the street at night and being as... Well, I don't want anyone to call the police on you or anything, you seem like a nice kid, so I'm just gonna say go home!" I said that then she whimpered slightly and peered, scared, just above my shoulder and straight past me! Then a hand covered my mouth and she smiled and licked her lips.

"Daddy, would we still have her even if she wanted to be my friend?" She seemed extremely curious and walked right up to me. I managed to forget about the scissors until now, so I pulled them out and stabbed the guy that grabbed me. He cussed and tightened his grip, tears formed in my eyes, then everything went black...

I woke up not too long ago in a dark room, the girl peeked in through a very small window in the door and walked in. There was a light that she flicked on. The scars seemed deep under her ocean blue eyes, her hair was black, as I had suspected. She wore a clean black dress and was actually quite beautiful. But I could see she was hiding something behind her back.I was expectin g the worst when she handed me a box and put her finger to her lips telling me to be quiet. So I was and I opened the box. Inside was a laptop. That's how comes I'm writing this now. I'm as scared as I was earlier now, I heard the dad say he was to start dinner. The girl just walked in and told me that they were having dinner soon so I had to wait until her daddy came to get me. She continued to say that she called dibs on my right leg. She walked out a few minutes ago and the last thing that she said to me was:

"It's a shame we couldn't have been friends, we'll see if the next person will."

And with that, theres a knock at the door...