The Flower on my Card

It was my birthday, I was happy and celebrating with friends after school, then home to my family and too more celebrations! It really did feel like a special day for me, I seemed to have a record amount of cards! Everything was perfect, everything! Then I got home...

On the way home my mother asked me ow the day had been, so I told her how perfect it had been, she smiled. She then informed me that there were many cards that they had got in the post for me. I was amazed at the amount of people that wished me a happy birthday! I had around 40 cards by the end of the day. So I set them all up on a shelf so that they could all be seen. I went to sleep that night feeling fulfilled and happy of what the day was like. The last thing I saw before I finally drifted off was the arrangement of cards in all their beauty.

Luckily the next day was the weekend, so I got to sleep in and spend the day all relaxed at home. I must've slept in till about 12 because when I got up there was mail on my table. My father told me that there were still cards for me! I remember thinking, wow. One was partially memorable though. It had very pale pink card and an orange flower with a sparkly centre, it was beautiful! That one went to the front, no disrespect to the other cards of course. That was were it all started off.

A week later I needed to take the cards down. I must have been doing that for 2 hours because I re read all of them and stared at the covers for however long. They all went with the other ones, so that in later years I could read through all of the memories. Not long after they went away, a couple of days later, I got a note... It was a handwritten note.

I opened it and it was asking why I stopped the show, I knew that someone had been watching me. It then said they've missed it for a few days. I'm not sure how, but I knew that it was a card. My mind immediately flew to the beautiful flowered card. Something wasn't right, I was 100% sure of that much.

After telling my parents about this they insisted that the police were to be contacted to find out where the note had come from, who it was written by, and what they meant by it. Of course, I already knew what they meant by it, it was obvious really, but they did it because they didn't want it to be true. The police got there really quick. My parents showed them the note and asked me, so I told them about the flower on my card. They looked at each other and exchanged a knowing glance.

Once shown the card they answered straight.

"I'm sorry to have to say this, but that's no ordinary flower. This isn't the first time we have seen this, and no doubt it won't be the last" said one. "that flower there has a camera, whoever that card was from has been watching you" Informed the only. The first one continued "Luckily you told us sooner, the last victim was murdered, because he knew all of her routines and everything she would do during the day"

From that day, I haven't opened any cards and I destroy the ones I am given, just on the off chance that it is him, once again...