Lights

The lights suddenly flickered off. Sarah shivered. She squinted her dark green eyes at the darkness which surrounded her. Sarah didn't dare to call out for help; instead she helplessly wondered around. She had just moved moved into the house earlier that day so didn't really know her way around. She just waited. Sarah was not a stupid girl so she knew not to run around or yell, as she could injure herself or could bring attention to herself if there was an intruder. The stupid lights! She silently said to herself. Her parents should of been home but she couldn't hear them. 'right' she thought. 'I can't just stand here!'. So she tried to remember her way around. A few menacing floor boards creaked but even they weren't very loud. Then the lights abruptly switched back on. Rolling her eyes, teen-aged Sarah returned to the living room... 

Everything seemed normal in there. Sarah grabbed her drink and headed for her room silently scolding herself for her irrational decisions. There was no real reason to be worried! Sarah walked past the front door and noticed that it was wide open. She hesitantly closed the door but then re opened it silently so that if she needed to escape, she could. This put Sarah on edge. She walked to her room and opened her door, what she saw shocked and surprised her...

Written in a dark red substance, obviously blood, on her wall was this: Sometimes fear of the dark isn't a bad thing.

Then a scream echoed through the house, the neighbours heard and called the police. What they found was to horrific to describe...