Love is Acceptance

Summary: After what happened to Natsu, let us see how he and Gray walks the path of romance and family.

"Love is when the person you like accepted your fish!" - Happy

Natsu woke up to the silence of a room. He tried to slowly open his eyes and take in the place where he is. He then steadied himself to sit on the clinic bed when he heard a somewhat crying sound. A few scrunches of his eyelids and he saw a familar figure, holding his hand as if hanging on for dear life. Natsu quickly warmed up to what he is now seeing.

"G-Gray..." Natsu forced his voice to be a bit steady, but it betrayed him. Surely, he was nervous when Wendy finally announced the news to them. It's not that he was mad, if anything, he was nervously happy. Happy doesn't seem to be enough, but he'll settle with it for now. Happy that one of his dreams came true - to be with Gray, and now, a greater blessing is working itself inside him. Hearing the pinkette's voice, the ice mage slowly raised his head to see his lover, the one who made him realize what fate is.

"N-Natsu..." Gray almost whispered. "Are you okay now?"

"I'm not quite t-there..." Natsu replied hesitantly. "But I'll manage..." and it was followed by a serene smile which made Gray's heart flutter in excitement.

"It's my fault..." Gray almost broke into sobs again. "I should've controlled myself last night... It was-"

"Amazing..." Natsu cut off the ice mage's blame game. "It was amazing... I c-can't describe how much I waited for you, Gray..."

"Wait, wha-?" Gray paused. "You Flame Brain... Getting me all worked up by worrying and all you say is that what we did last night was amazing?? Idiot..."

"I'm you're idiot..." Natsu corrected. "Aren't I?" and Gray tried to hide another blush creeping his pale cheeks.

"Y-Yeah..."

They stared at each other for a while, understanding the situation given in front of them. Natsu was smiling despite the little shocks his head was giving him. Gray stupidly gaped at the sight of his lover. Oh how good the turn of events were.

"So uhm..." Gray started. "You okay with all these... preggy thing?"

"Well... I can't really blame you for being so aggressive on me..." Natsu replied ever so honestly which made Gray's blush deeper. "But I'm really grateful for this."

"Hey! I'm not that aggressive!" Gray tried to protest, turning away in embarassment. Natsu grinned.

"Oh you're telling me, Ice Princess... I love your game face last night..." Natsu continued to tease his boyfriend.

"Damn tease, Flame Brain." Gray snapped at the obscenity of the conversation. "Stop it or I'll-"

The door to the clinic slammed heavily and there appeared a very happy Erza. Wait, happy? "GRAY! NATSU!"

"Uh oh..." Gray froze. Natsu just smiled and welcomed Erza, tagging Happy and Lucy along with her.

"Tell me the truth." Erza had her serious face on Gray. "Tell me you didn't wrecked Natsu last night!"

"Hey! Watch your words Erza!! You make it sound like I did something so bad!" Gray gritted his teeth in annoyance. Lucy just sweatdropped at the scene.

"Wrecked?" Natsu cocked his head to the side, then grinned. "Oh yeah, he did!"

"Damn you Natsu!" Gray scowled at his lover for baiting him to Erza.

"Love you too, Gray!" Natsu answered heartily with a smirk.

"That wasn't even a good thing for you to reply like that!" Gray facepalmed himself and settled himself on the seat next to the bed.