Love is Fire and Ice

Summary: The next heroes of Fairy Tail are about to be born! Of course, all are excited for that.

"Love is the fire that melts the iciest of hearts and... it is the ice that solidifies the bond between two people who are meant to be together." - Gray Fullbuster

XOXOXOXOXO

It was a very fine morning. Yes. a very fine one, indeed. A certain pink-haired boy was already in the kitchen preparing breakfast for himself and his handsome husband. It was already 9 months after Natsu Dragneel-Fullbuster got pregnant. The cycle was almost complete. Everyone in the Fairy Tail guild were damn excited about the delivery day. Porlyusica made it a point to prepare the infirmary for this very special operation.

Natsu was almost finished brewing the coffee. Times like this get Natsu all fired up to do things for the house. It was merely sunrise and the pinkette was already done with the table setting. Done with the task, Natsu sat on one of the chairs positioned near the entrance to the dining table. Putting one hand on his chin, Natsu hummed happily while rubbing his very big rounded tummy. Thinking about the months that have passed, a smile never left his face.

One by one, the flashbacks started playing in his mind. The day where Gray confessed, made love to him on that very fateful day, finding out he was pregnant the day after, working as a consultant at the guild with Gray as the temporary guild master, how Gray have welcomed him into his apartment: living under one roof, how Gray dealt with his occasional mood swings and cravings, how they celebrated Lucy's birthday and ended up getting engaged, the anniversary celebration at the beach, the times where they will argue but in the end of it they would be kissing and making out, how they got married. Now, this was it... Natsu's going to give birth to the twin anytime soon.

Looking around the house, Natsu thought that they needed a bigger house if the twin were to be born. Since he wasn't going on jobs for the past months, he depended the budget on Gray, which the ice mage was happy about it because he can provide for Natsu. But the pinkette felt that he couldn't do anything to assist with the expenses. Thankfully, their guildmates offered some gifts in the form of Jewels, house appliances and baby items. Gray sighed in relief about this because their purchasing cost for baby products has halved.

Thinking so much about things affected his mental state for the twin. He needs to be relaxed, calm and stress-free during these times. But the pinkette couldn't stop himself from thinking too much. This triggered some sort of pain on Natsu's belly, from dull to gradually crippling. Clutching his stomach, the pinkette almost fell on the chair because of the imbalance cause by the intense pain. Usually, this was tolerable thanks to his stamina and years of training. But right now, he couldn't ignore the sharp piercing pain surrounding his belly, announcing his whole body that he was indeed in pain. He didn't want to wake Gray up, but he could not hold it any longer. And at that early morning, a loud yell was heard throughout the compound.

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!" came the loud sound. The ice mage jolted up in shock and quickly got up to follow the direction of the pained yell. Without hesitation, he ran towards outside the bedroom only wearing his boxers.

He reached the kitchen in record time, seeing Natsu on the floor. Gray did not waste any more second and rushed forward to carry the pinkette bridal style.

"Is it time?" Gray asked, panting heavily but never averting his gaze on the pinkette.

"I... dunno... Maybe.... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!" Natsu was paling, labored breaths coming out of him.

"Don't worry, I'll take you there!" Gray ran towards the door and headed out to the guild. People were looking at him and Natsu. Some were having wide eyes because of Gray wearing only boxers. Natsu didn't seem to mind that because the pain took away all his awareness of the surroundings. The pinkette let out heaps of pained yells and labored breathing as Gray tried his best to run faster.