The High

"I, uh, I feel pretty anxious. That's not... I don't like that pill I don't think." You mumbled as a knot in your stomach developed as you followed the scary looking man. But you weren't scared of him, just a little wary. But he was hot. So. Fucking. Hot.

"Give it another twenty. You'll know when it hits." He didn't even glance back at you. Instead, he needed to get back to his Troupe. You were just another trophy to him. He had a deadly girl with a deadly body just for him. But nothing more. He wasn't going to hold your hand. He wasn't going to snuggle you late at night. He didn't need that; he was Chrollo Lucilfer, leader of the deadliest Troupe known to man.

You weren't quite sure why you were following this guy either. In all honesty, you probably should have just left it as a one-night stand. But you didn't have anyone else, so what could it hurt to go with this guy? If you took your sunglasses off you'd kill everyone around you anyway.

So you both walked in silence, neither person making an effort to get to know one another. Five minutes... ten minutes... twenty minutes... nothing.

"Still just anxiety." You mentioned briefly, trying to keep him updated.

"Really?" He gave you a small glance back. Some anxiety was normal before it hit, but it had been over an hour now. "You don't look anxious."

"I try not to look anything." You mentioned softly. "Has it hit you?"

"Yeah. Look." He turned around, showcasing the hard-on that was pushing out his pants. "E makes everything feel good. Just being alive feels great."

He push you up against a building wall. It was empty in the street, as the hide-out was in a part of the abandoned city.

"E takes away the social anxiety. That feeling that you shouldn't do something. Embarrassment." His big, dark eyes hypnotized you. "Good vibes only."

"Were you on E earlier?" You looked up at him, not particularly worried about the situation.

"I've been on E for two days straight practically. It's my favorite." He rubbed his nose against your cheek. Every sensation was pleasant. He was happy to have taken you home; the Troupe would oblige him, but he didn't really want their affection. That made it weird afterwards, he knew this. But if this was your only use, it wouldn't be weird. He didn't like weird.

"What bad vibes are you running away from?" This felt good. You felt pretty good. Was this the E? Your face was on fire. In a good way.

He felt his fingers being fiddled with. It was pleasant. He allowed it.

"Don't ask me that. Come on, I want to get back to what's left of my Troupe. They mean everything to me." He began walking again, but this time he let you play with his fingers. The X was hitting you, finally. And you couldn't say you didn't like it.

But you heard him. He had something he was running from and you wanted to know what it was.