The Love Potion

That next morning, you woke up with a renewed energy. As you gazed at your own hand in amazement before you decided to get up.

Walking out of the door and into the kitchen, you opened the cabinets to find... nothing. Basically nothing. And that was even more true of the fridge. It was clear that Chrollo hadn't lived here in quite a while. But a recipe flashed in your mind as you looked over the sparse ingredients.

"Horchata." You snapped your fingers.

Carefully you grabbed one cup of white rice, a cup and a third of sugar (you liked it sweet), half of a cup chopped almonds, one cinnamon stick, a tablespoon of vanilla, a twelve ounce can of evaporated milk, a cup and a half of shelf-stable almond milk and give or take a liter of water.

You didn't have a whole night to soak the rice, almonds and cinnamon stick, so you decided to boil it all in a pan of water, to soften it for about fifteen minutes.

You were however, still naked and starving, you so returned to the bathroom, which you knew had a robe of Chrollo's. After grabbing that, you brushed your hair and teeth using Chrollo's brushes. After all, you were sure he would rather share than have your awful breath and hair to deal with.

Next, after using the facilities, you returned to the kitchen and snacked on a few almonds while you waited for the timer you had set on the microwave to go off.

Damn, I wish I had my phone to burn some time. You thought as you reorganized the kitchen out of boredom. Eventually the timer did go off and you plopped the entire pot into the practically industrial sized blender that was chilling on the counter as if Chrollo had never used it. And he probably hadn't.

As you blended the cinnamon, rice, and almond goop with evaporated milk, you realized that Chrollo was probably going to wake up soon. Industrial-sized blenders had not only industrial-power but industrial-noise. So it really only took a minute until you didn't see any grains of rice. Next, you strained the liquid into a crystal pitcher, scoffing at the luxury that Chrollo lived in.

"Can you cut the fucking racket? I'm exhausted." Chrollo stumbled into the kitchen.

"Show some fucking gratitude. I'm making a delicious drink out of the like six ingredients you have in your apartment."

"Should've just fucking ordered room service." He walked over to you, a blanket draped around his shoulders, and wrapped his arms around you and ran his hands down your arms, as he put his chin on your shoulder. "Ring looks nice on you. Could be bigger."

"Any questions that go with this ring?"

"Nah." He kissed your neck. "So what is this stuff?

"Alright then... it's love potion #10. New and improved."

As you added the sugar, vanilla, and milk, you shook your head at Chrollo. Who just gives someone a diamond ring on their engagement ring finger and yet won't ask their partner to marry them?

You mixed everything together and added the water. Mixing one last time and adding a dash of nutmeg on top, you poured it into two glasses with ice that you had set out. Then, you both walked over to the table and sat down.