The Weaknesses

"You cur!" Kurapika insulted Chrollo as the deadly man sat silently in the car, seemingly enjoying this break.

"Need I repeat myself? For me... This is no different from an afternoon coffee break."

Then, a fist hit his face. Over and over, Chrollo felt his face being pounded in. Of course, it didn't really phase him, seeing as he was quite strong, but now his face was going to be ugly. And he was sure that you would make fun of him.

"Kurapika!" Leorio looked back. "Chill out! This isn't your style. We don't have an edge yet."

"An edge?!" Chrollo laughed. "First of all, your assumptions contain... A grave error. I'm worthless as a hostage."

"If you keep spewing drivel... I'll gag you once more." Kurapika threatened the bound man.

"He's not lying." Melody spoke up. "He speaks the truth."

"That's right— it's all fact. You're the one who's cornered." Chrollo's eyes blazed. He didn't particularly want to die, but he knew that the Troupe would go on regardless.

"What do you mean?!" Kurapika asked Melody, infuriated. He wanted to know exactly how this monster thought; what he felt. That way he could hurt him like he had been hurt.

"His heartbeat is normal. He isn't upset or agitated. There's no dissonance caused by fallacy... No fear of death. It's not that he doesn't think he may die... but this is the sound of full acceptance of death! He enjoys the fact that death is always by his sound." She became more increasingly upset as Chrollo smiled.

Then, he thought about his own little Harbinger of Death that also walked by his side. His heart rate increased and his member began to strain against his pants. It had been so long since he had dominated you; gotten the life sucked out him. He leaned his head back and hoped that you were being treated okay by the rest of the Troupe... And he hoped they were keeping their hands off of you.

"I've had enough! I don't want to hear it anymore! His heartbeat— Or yours!" She screamed in the car. The heartbeat of Chrollo's that mixed arousal and death. The heartbeat of Kurapika that was pure rage. It was painful.

"Melody!" Kurapika pushed her. He needed to know the truth.

"He believes he is worthless as a hostage. But it's also true that he's their leader." She curled up in the front seat, exhausted.

"Who are you?" Kurapika snarled.

"The spiders." Chrollo was dominating him. Despite being beaten and chained, Chrollo was still in charge of the situation. He was always in charge of every situation. He was the boss.

"Were you the leader five years ago when you slaughtered the Kurtas for the scarlet eyes?" Suddenly, Kurapika's hand shot out, activaing his chains. "Answer me."

"Is that the chain that you used to kill Uvo?" His heart panged with sadness. "What did he say to you, before he died?"

"I don't recall. Answer my question!" Kurapika snapped.

"He's lying, am I right?" Chrollo asked Melody. "I feel the same way Uvo did. There's nothing to say to you."

"Kurapika!" Leorio interrupted. "He's just baiting you!"

But Chrollo had gotten his answer. He knew the chain guy's weakness. And now, all he had to do was hope that Kurapika wouldn't find out his.