The Reinforcements Arrive

Meanwhile, Chrollo was tied up in chains in a strange car with a cross-dresser, some age-confused man, and a deformed looking woman. Not his brightest moment.

He watched as the woman and man in the front of the car looked around nervously. That was right of them. They should be nervous. "Don't worry about it." The chain-user spoke next to him. "Some of them are injured. They won't move until reinforcement arrives." Chrollo glared at him. He had a feeling that he knew who one of the injured was, and he was livid about it. "What are you looking at?" the chain-user spoke again.

"Nothing. I just hadn't thought that the one we were searching for was a woman."

"I don't remember telling you I was female. Don't rely on appearances. Pay more attention to what you're saying. They could be your last words." The teen threatened him.

"You won't kill me. Because you want to get your friends back, right?"

"Don't provoke me... I'm not in any position to stay calm!"

"Kurapika!" The driver shouted. "Calm down...!"

"In the prediction of the girl..." He mentioned Neon, smirking and continuing to provoke the teen. "None of this was mentioned. Which means I wasn't needed to be warned. In other words, what you're doing now is insignificant."

"WHAT!!"

 "Kurapika!" The girl shouted.

"If you kill him, you'll have me to deal with!" The driver threatened.

Whatever gets me back to my Troupe... And back to her... Chrollo thought.

Back at the hotel, Phinks, Shalnark and Feitan burst through the door. "Explain." Phinks demanded as he walked over towards the group.

"There was a power outage." Shizuku spoke.

"And they took advantage of it to kidnap Danchou, injuring Hana in the process." Nobunaga continued.

"The chain guy left a message." The quiet Kortopi spoke up as well, handing Phinks the letter.

"If you reveal what you read in their memories, I kill him." He read out loud.

"Why didn't you pursue them immediately?" Feitan questioned.

"Paku, Machi and Hana were hurt."

"So?" Feitan pushed.

"He's accompanied by pro hunters. And as for fighting technique, these two are quite able." Nobunaga explained. "And of course, we couldn't leave Hana behind. Talk about the quickest way to have the head of the spider bite off all of the legs..."

"So?" Feitan asked again.

"Think about the meaning behind the message! That's our proof that these hostages have value! If we let them escape, it would be over. It's likely that the one who kidnapped Uvo is the one who killed Uvo. In other words, the chain guy... The one who's difficult to defeat alone!" Nobunaga continued with exuberance.

"Likely?" Phinks clarified.

"I just told you there was a power outage! In the time our eyes had adjusted to the light, Danchou had disappeared and Hana was on the floor bleeding! Anyways, we were in no position to move!"

Feitan chuckled. "I no understand your story at all."

"Okay, we'll settle this later. The most important thing right now is to organize and tend to Hana." Shalnark commanded. "You're awfully quiet, Hana. What seems to be the matter?"

You had fallen asleep. That was what was the matter.