The Pillow Talk

Suddenly, your forehead felt wet. Reaching up gently, you felt a similar wetness on Chrollo's cheek.

"Well if that's all the true, then why are you crying right now Chrollo?" You wrapped your arms around his body and held it closely. If you hadn't felt his tears, you probably wouldn't have believed that this big, tough man was crying. There was no other indication that he was upset. His heart was racing, as it had been, and his body was otherwise still.

"The speed's wearing off." He mumbled.

"And you're so sad about it that you're crying?" It felt good to have your body pushed to his.

"I'm not crying." He needed your warmth.

"Of course not. Are you thinking about your friend? The one that died?" Nuzzling your nose into his chest, you decided not to press the issue.

"I have to talk to the rest of the Troupe today. Our time is done here. But I will do everyone's fortune before we disperse."

"Shall I disperse as well, Mister Boss Man?" You asked him jokingly. But to Chrollo, it was no joke.

"No." He grabbed you tightly. Almost too tightly. "No, you can't. You can come with me."

If it was possible, then you thought his heart was racing even faster and you worried that it might explode.

"Of course I will. Where else would I go?"

The smallest sniffle came from Chrollo as he stroked your hair.

"No where. You're my treasure."

"That reminds me, what do you actually do with all the treasure? Surely you won't take it with you." You had a lot of questions for this man; after all, you had only just met him less than a week ago. What was his favorite color? Who was his best friend? How did he lose his parents? Where did he grow up?

"I sell it all." He let out a deep breath, feeling a little bit better. "I admire it and then get even more rich."

"So you'll sell me as well? When you are tired of me? Or when I'm unable to be admired anymore?" Your voice portrayed a certain nonchalant tone to it.

"I could." Was his response. But he mentally kicked himself. He would never sell a human, that wasn't his style. Especially one as interesting as you.

"Oh. Very well. I'd rather just leave if you get tired of me." You laughed, keeping in good humor about the situation. You were getting to know Chrollo bit by bit and you had quickly realized that Chrollo's behavior was to distance you as much as possible because he couldn't trust you. Why he couldn't trust you was a question for another time. "Or perhaps if I get tired of you. That's always an option."

"No." Chrollo was like a stubborn child, especially with the throbbing headache that was coming on. "I'll teach you how to control the nen in your eyes. Promise to stay until then."

"What? I can... I can control it?" You almost looked up at him, but at the last minute stopped yourself, pushing your face further into him instead.

"I assume. It could take you quite a while, but I'm sure I could teach you."

"I suppose that is the upside of being a fearless leader. I really am excited for training."

"Mm. I would be as well. For now, try to be excited to meet the Troupe. It's best you make a good impression, if they don't like you sober, then you're out."

You rolled your eyes, but you were still going to try your best.