Chapter 32

I woke up to a big breakfast next to my bed and a clean pair of clothes at the end of the bed. A note is on top of the tray of food and I guess it is Dylan. It says, "Good Morning! I have a big day planned for us! I thought about everything you said last night and agree with you. It is unfair to expect you to switch back over to me after being with someone else. So, I will make you love me again! See you soon."

I roll my eyes at his lame attempt at wooing me. There is nothing he can do that will make me love him like I did before. Even so, I decide to go along with it and not cause a big scene about it. I get ready and shower, putting on everything he laid out for me, praying that he didn't take pictures of me sleeping, and ate the breakfast. Breakfast was the first thing I did, of course. In the order of mates, it would be 1. Food, 2. Ryland, 3. Food, 4. Dylan.

Eventually, Dylan step into the room after a quick knock and smiles at me. I stand up from the bed, eager to leave the room. I'm wearing rather warm clothes, so I suspect we are going outside. He offers his arm to me and I take it, letting him lead me out of my own house. He is smiling the whole time, especially after we pass my parents. My mother gives me a sad smile as my dad remains emotionless.

We spend the day doing activities we used to do: shopping, getting sweets, taking pictures at cool locations, and getting lunch together. We went skating, played some games at a café, and some other stuff until it reached nighttime. Once it was dark, we headed back home and he took me to my garden. Throughout the day, I had given him little to no interest. He kept pursing me nonetheless.

"I had a great time. How about you?" He desperately asks. I shake my head with a sad smile.

"Things will never be the same, no matter what you do." I honestly tell him. He had been acting strong the whole day, but now I see his eyes shimmer with incoming tears.

He grabs ahold of me, desperate, and looks into my eyes, "Why can't you love me?"

"Because my heart belongs to someone else. It aches every time I am away from him. What you are doing only makes it worse." I explain to him. My chest feels empty and dull. My wolf no longer talks to me. My life is slowly fading from me and I can do nothing about it besides playing along with his game.

"I know what I am doing is wrong, but what else am I to do? This is all I know." He whispers, a tear escaping him. My emotions are running everywhere and I cry, tears rolling down my face. His eyes scan my face, his hands reaching my cheeks. His thumbs gently glide over my skin and wipes the tears off. "Shh. Don't cry for me." He comforts me and pulls me into a hug. It's so familiar and warm. My heart is aching. I know I do not have any feeling for him, but I am remembering times that I did. This hug doesn't compare to Rylands, though. I wish I was with him instead.

"I will make you feel better." He says, letting go of me and leading me back into the house. "You've always liked some nice, warm tea to cheer you up. Let's get you some, yes?" He glances back at me and I force out a smile. I do love tea.

He sets me down on a sofa and goes into the kitchen nearby. I look around the room and decide if now is the chance to run and try to find Ryland, but my house is way too big to be running around to find him. Plus, I don't even know if he is still in here or alive. Dylan soon comes back and tells me to take his hand. He doesn't have any tea, but I assume he just asked one of my chiefs to make it. I let him take me down a few halls and stairs until we are in my basement. My heart starts to pound more and more the further we go and it feels like shattering when he opens a certain door. There, in the middle of the room, lies Ryland with bruises and cuts all over his body. Only his jeans are still barely on him while he is chained to a post in the middle of the room. The silver chains keep him weak and defenseless, barely keeping ahold onto his life.