Chapter 3 - Kira

"Fae, what is the use of this badge?" Hany played with Fae badge of researcher.

"It contained information about many things that researcher had researched before. Researcher used it for reference and every time there is something new, the badge will inform you and the top researcher will conduct some experiment to ensure the information are correct," Fae answered. After learning about researcher for some time, she already had general knowledge about them. Because of that, despite being only a researcher yesterday, she had been quite familiar with the occupation.

Hany nodded. "Will you start to work or just stay at school?"

"I will just stay at school for now," answered Fae lazily. "Anyway, don't you have any task to do as the senior for those new squire?"

"Nah, I'm just someone from middle rank. Second Bro is the one who have the task at hand and currently busy."

"He will be promoted to cadet soon, right? How about you?"

Hany shrugged. "I don't really have that much of interest and although it would be lonely, I didn't want to stand on his path. I may not be as ambitious as him, but I will still support my family on their path."

"Your eldest brother?"

"He's in capital, I think he hadn't graduate from the top school, yet."

"He's a powerful magician, right?" Fae studied her memories. She had never met with their oldest brother. From what she remember, they had told her that he is a powerful magician and currently studying at the top academy in the capital.

"Right, I forgot his rank, but he's already quite high," Hany says proudly. "Do you have any task right now? If don't let's just watch Second Bro, I'm bored to death here."

"... I bet you would still pull me even if I were to say I do."

In the end Fae got dragged again by Hany who pulled her to the field. On the field, there are about 30-40 students standing in reverence towards 5 people at the front. As for the 5 people, they just stand impassively and mainly give some guidance. Among those 5 people, Harry stand there.

Hany look at the field with bored eyes. "Uh, those speech again. I truly hope that someone will hype the situation again."

Fae rolled her eyes. She may not present during Hany promotion, but she had already heard about that story. The girl beside her is truly bored during the speech that she sleep halfway then challenge the seniors, only to be beaten. In the end, she got punished by the teacher to stand in the hall but unfortunately, she fell asleep for the second time. It is truly a wonder how someone like her could be promoted to be a squire.

Without thinking much about it anymore, Fae turned her eyes to the group of new squire again and look at them casually. That swept of gaze of her caused her to be stunned for a moment and look at a certain individual. It seems like finally there's going to be something interesting here.

"Alright, time for battleground. Split into 10 groups."

Another 5 from the top 10 squire rank come at front and each of them took 3-4 new squire to do some combat. These new recruits usually are arrogant and it is the duties of these seniors to knack some sense back.

"And they will all lose badly," Hany grinned, remembering her own experience.

"That's not necessarily true," Fae said softly.

"Huh?" Hany look confused.

Fae smile slightly. "Just watch."

Although she said to watch, she herself didn't watch it as she laid back at her chair and close her eyes. That new recruit is indeed interesting, but those kind of people still cannot make her fully interested. She only got interested because he appear at this academy and not at the top of academy in the kingdom.