Chapter 17-incident part 2

"Kein, Kein, do you truly think a magician would want to come and beat up these weaklings?" a middle-aged man appeared using magic to the field. 

Lord Hall, Kein, look at the man and sighed. "Sure enough, you are the one behind this whole farce, Hata."

Hata smile. "Pat, your mission is over. Good job."

Pat, the apprentice magician smile widely. Although the appearance of Kira is unexpected, he manage to make the plan going smoothly.

"It's time for you to return."

Pat nodded and Kein cast a magic on him to teleport him faraway. The fight between true magician is not something a mere apprentice could hope to withstand.

Kein stare back. "What is your motive?"

"Your [iphrit] collection. I heard you have just got another one," Hata answered. "Given the rareness of this stone, it is quite something to collect 5 of them."

"You spy on me?"

"Of course, don't you know how valuable the stone is? Now hand me the stone."

Kein smile evilly. "Unfortunately, I don't have the stone in my hand anymore."

Hata face turn colder and he raise his hand.

[inferno]

[dark vortex]

Both magic crashed and the impact make the surrounding turn a bit chaotic. They stopped at the same time though so there are no damage toward the surrounding fainted squire.

"Indeed, you have grown stronger, Hata," Kein remarked.

"The same goes to you," Hata watch Kein with caution. "Let's move our fight to a less crowded place. The higher ups will be angry if we include the squire to our rivalry."

Kein nodded and the two of them vanished in an instant. 

It was at that moment Fae choose to walk forward. A single person walking amidst the fainted person is fairly conspicuous, but she did not seems to care in the slightlest.

She stare at a certain direction. "You better move them into their respective room soon. There will be more people coming here."

She raise her hand a bit then disappear instantly. Whereas the person she talked to sighed and start working to clean up this mess.

Fae appeared not far from the battle. She could see both of them still cast magic of fire and darkness. The fight had escalated to the point that most of their surrounding are destroyed. The corrosive effect of the darkness and the scorch fire had made the originally lush land to be barren and hot.

[fire rage]

[dark matter]

The two of them didn't stop and continue to cast even more powerful magic. As a true magician, their mana pool is much higher than apprentice magician. They are also not a newly promoted magician, but a veteran that knows how to use magic very well.

The fight would not end anytime soon with their high mana and Fae choose to wait patiently. They cast another magic and scrambling to find opening on their opponent.

After some time, the opening come for Kein. He manage to distract Hata for a millisecond and launch a magic swiftly.

[fire arrow]

Hata stumbled back with one of his arm scorch black. This kind of wound would not threaten his life, but it will decrease his efficiency in this fight. Hata grumbled, both of them still of equal strength after all.

"This is not over, Kein. I'm not the only one that will come for your [iphrit]," Hata remarked before dissappearing.

Kein sighed. The fight had took him a great deal of strength and he's very tired. He was about to leave when he see a figure of young girl stare at him with emotionless expression.

"Researcher Fae? Is there anything you need?" Kein said slowly. He always thought of this girl as someone mysterious and until now, he still could not figure out the reason.

Fae nodded faintly. "I do, but before that, it would be better for you to clean up the mess you had caused, Representative Kein. The life of the students might be in danger if you keep on keeping those stones."

"Researcher Fae, I'm afraid this matter is outside your rank to talk..."

Kein was about to explain the rules when he realize her cold gaze. Somehow, he could feel his whole body tensed up and the remaining mana he had suppressed themselves as if running away. He looks at Fae in disbelief, just who is she?

"Who are you...?"

Fae lifted her hand and a small light appeared. The light are barely recognized, but Kein face turned extremely pale as if he's standing in front of a grim reaper. Kein hurriedly knelt down.

"This lowly one will finish this matter swiftly."

Kein face is now full of sweat. "And this lowly ones apologize for testing the revered ones with this stone before."

Fae did not say anything and retract her hand, but Kein keep knelt down like that. He finally realize why Fae had turned towards him at that time. He did not see the gaze clearly, but he's sure that it must be a cold gaze with contempt.

"I don't really care about that," Fae said slowly. "You must already know my current status and I no longer the same with the past."

Kein know that, but her power.... there is no way he could last for even a second from her simple attack.

"Just maintain the peace within the academy and I have a request for you. In exchange I will give you Healing Ball."

Kein stare at the little girl with confusion. Why would someone like her ask something for him, not to mention offering the Healing Ball in return. It must be known that ball is something only powerful magician could make so it is quite rare to find even one.

However, after he heard her request, he feels like crying.

-in the academy several minutes later-

"Fae, what had happened?" Hany ask in confusion. In fact, the whole academy fell into confusion, especially Kira. When they all woke up, they had returned to their dorm it is as if nothing had happened.

Fae shrugged and toyed with her new research item. She got this one from Kein as his way of apologize. Not that she bear any grudge though.

Kira still look dissatisfied. "I still want to fight more..."

"Be grateful that he had not used that stone on him. Maybe something bad will happen," Hany remind him.

'The bad things that will happened is his death' Fae think inside her head. If that apprentice magician use the stone carelessly, he will need to pay with his life. Not everyone knows the way to use magic tool, magic treasure, and many more. This is the reason there are researcher.

"Brother Harry will return tomorrow, right? Why don't you challenge him then?" Fae remarked.

"That's a great idea!" Kira stormed outside the canteen to practice because he knows that Harry had improved a lot in this short span of time.

"Anyway, what did you do in the Researcher Lord Hall office this afternoon?" Hany asked. Fae told them that because she couldn't explain her disappearance clearly so she shift the blame to Kein.

"I ask for something. I will tell the three of you later since this involve you all," Fae answered.

"And he give it?" Hany ask in wonder. For someone as high as that Lord Hall, she couldn't imagine him to accept a request from a student.

Fae didn't answered. The Lord Hall surely excited when he hear about her request, but there is no way she would tell Hany about that.

The two of them talked for a bit before returning to their activities. As for her plan, she would tell them about it tomorrow.

-End of chapter 17