Chapter 15-advance

"Have you finished reading all of this?" Hany look towards the big catalog at the middle of Fae's room. She had volunteer to read through all of it and they will only need to ask her about what they need. It had been three days since then.

Fae nodded. "I have. There are quite a lot of treasure in here. What are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for magic weapon or maybe natural treasure," Hany grinned. "Well, just the first one, I doubt there's any natural treasure there."

"There are, but the rank at least are mid silver grade, you won't be able to exchange for it."

"Fine... what are your suggestion for me?"

Fae ponder for a moment. "I would suggest a weapon for enhancing your speed. Your biggest forte is your speed and your fighting prowess will be greater if you enhance it."

"Anything suitable?"

"Haste bracelet, they are quite good and won't inconvenience you in any way."

"Then I would take it."

"...."

If other were to hear that Hany ask for a guidance in selecting treasure to an ordinary person, she will surely be mocked. Although Fae is not an ordinary person, most people didn't know and they would surely think about her as an ordinary researcher.

Hany continue to drag Fae to the other two boys and they too consult with her much to her surprise. In the end, Harry got a defense equipment while Kira got an offensive weapon. The grade they choose is upper iron, so it's quite good.

"Will you pass the third test, Second Bro?" Hany ask while playing with her new bracelet.

"Don't worry Dumb Han, the last test is just a spar against top 10 squire or newly promoted cadet. He only needs to beat at least 6 of them and with his capability, it's impossible to lose," Kira said lightly.

"Don't call be dumb, you Cocky Brat!"

Fae look at Harry. "Dumb Han and many others are their new nickname. Don't ask me how they come up with that..."

"Well, it's for later. Firstly, happy birthday Brother Harry."

Harry smile." Thank you."

"A present for both of you," Fae hand out a small pearl on each of her hand. One is for Harry and the other is for Hany.

Harry looks in surprise when he could feel magical power from the pearl. The magic is subtle, but he could feel the warm feeling when he touches it.

"What is this?" Hany had stopped quarreling the moment she sees the beautiful pearl.

"It's a healing pearl. With this, no matter how injured you are, you can get healed," Fae explained.

"What an item! This is practically a life saving treasure! Where did you get this pearl?" Kira looks in wonder.

Fae laughed for a bit. She didn't get it, she created it is more correct. This kind of things may look rare for other people, but not for her as she could easily create a handful of them. Two is enough for these two now as they won't be going on dangerous mission yet.

Harry originally wants to reject, but Fae insisted so he decides to keep it. After exchanging a few more words, Fae left because Harry need to warm up a bit so tomorrow he could do his best. Hany and Kira also started to practice because their wound had healed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on! It's time for brother test," Hany is practically jumping in excitement at the stand while looking at Harry who had been fighting 6 people in a row. Harry could easily win because his battle prowess has soar so much.

"If it's me who is there, he won't be able to beat me," Kira remarked.

Hany rolled her eyes. "Shut up you Arrogant Brat!"

Fae didn't bother with these two anymore and focused her attention at the field. The opponent Harry face will increase in strength, from the lowest ranking to the highest. Now that he faces his seventh opponent, their gap in strength will be lower.

Harry still didn't have many problems though since he had already battle a knight and a beast as strong as knight. At that time, he's weaker, but the experience is there and against this squire who weaker than him, he could win more easily.

In the eight battle, Harry continue to fight and win almost effortlessly. It's only on the ninth battle did he started to feel some pressure. The opponent is the current number one squire in this academy and he keep on attacking with great power. Harry almost being forced to defend all times if he didn't manage to find some loopholes.

"That squire is not bad."

"He's far better than you, Dumb Han," commented Kira. "Nevertheless, he's still far weaker than Harry."

Kira's right, that squire finally lose in Harry's hand.

"You have been progressing swiftly, Harry. Wish you good luck."

"Thank you," Harry smile at the squire. He had been fighting with this man for quite some time because they are both eyeing the position of the strongest squire. Now, he had already taken the next step while his friend hadn't pass yet. Their road might not intersect anymore.

The last opponent is a cadet, he's a newly promoted cadet and hadn't gone to missions lately. The man looked at Harry and smile brightly.

"It's been a long time since I see a young cadet, you better work hard."

Harry nod. "Please instruct me."

The man nod and start to attack. He had been watching Harry performance in the battle before so more or less he knows Harry's pattern of attack. The cadet tries to use his advantage as much as possible, but how can Harry let him? Harry quickly counterattacked and ended the fight after securing his win.

"Your attack is quite ruthless," the cadet commented. "I almost though that you're already a cadet for some time with that kind of attack."

"Not necessarily true," Harry answered. He's only a squire before this, but he already had experience some battle that only cadet would usually have.

"Will you join the army or do mission?"

There are two ways to advance in rank after being a cadet since they won't stay at the academy anymore. They could either choose to enlist in the military and join in some battle to earn point or they could do some mission and advance more slowly. If they want to advance quickly, many of them would choose the army, but if they prefer freedom, they will choose mission.

"Mission."

The cadet brow shot up. "And here I think you're one of the people who want to advance quickly."

Harry laughed. Indeed, with his young age, he could already be said to be very talented and ambitious. But he doesn't want to restrict his freedom by joining army. After all, becoming stronger doesn't mean that he had to follow the usual path.

With the test over, Harry is promoted to become a cadet and a simple ceremony is being held at that evening. Being called ceremony is a bit of exaggeration since all they do is announce his new rank and give him a cadet emblem to signify his position. Harry took it solemnly and he understands that this path is just a beginning.

"Now that your brother had already advance, what about you, Dumb Han?" Kira asked.

Hany shook her head. "I'm not yet at that rank. There are still some gaps between my brother and me. It may take me years to be able to rise to the same rank with him."

"It might be longer," added Kira.

This time Hany didn't answer and merely look at her brother. Now that he's a cadet, the mission will took longer and further. She may not have that many occasions to meet with him anymore, but she had been prepared for she always knows that her brother talent is far higher than her and their gap might become insurmountable.

Fae watch the scene calmly and didn't say anything. This is only the beginning and the path forward will be harder and harder.

-End of chapter 15