Chapter 4 - shell

"Hmph! I still can't believe that arrogant brat just get off easily," Hany complained. She and Fae are currently walking on the street towards the market. Once in a while, they will go to the market to check the items there.

Fae laughed at Hany complain. For her, it doesn't matter whether that Kira get off lightly or not. She herself know that the treatment for geniuses are far better than what ordinary nor talented people could get. Although Kira is not that genius, he's still far better than most talented students in this academy.

Hany continued to voice out her complain throughout the journey. Fae partially listened to the complain and mainly focus on people on the streets. There are more people than usual that day and it piqued her interest.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the market.

"Welcome! Ah, it's you too again," the shop owner smile brightly.

Fae nodded. "Is there anything new here?"

"Yes, some people manage to get a bunch of items and decide to sell them all. Wait for a minute, I will take it for you to take a look."

"Thank you Miss Red," Hany grinned.

Miss Red is the shop owner nickname because she love to wear red dresses and along the way, many people had forgotten her real name and conveniently use her nickname. Miss Red waved her hand and walk to the back of the store. This store is a small store selling many secondhand items. The reason they choose this store is no other than the cheap items. They are only student and although Hany is a noble, there are not much from her allowance that she could spare because training equipment are costly.

Miss Red brought a box with her and allowed the two of them to browse through. Hany hardly ever get interested in these kind of items so she gave up quickly and talk to Miss Red to relieve her boredom.

On the other hand, Fae picked up a small shell and look at it with a surprised expression. She think for a moment before arranging a plan in her head and smile slyly. If other were to see her expression, they would know that she is up to no good.

"Miss Red, I would like to take this shell."

Miss Red gleamed when she see Fae choice. She always loved it when Fae come because this little lass often pick up the items people hardly get interested in. Because of this, Miss Red storage has more space to place things.

"It's 12 copper coin."

The coins are divided into 4 with the lowest one is copper coin. 1000 copper coin could be exchanged for 1 iron coin, 1000 iron coin could be exchanged for 1 silver coin, and lastly 1000 silver coin could be exchanged for 1 gold coin. These are the main currency among the ordinary people and could even used outside of these kingdoms.

"So cheap?" Fae ask in surprise.

"Why? If you want to pay more, I wouldn't mind," Miss Red smile playfully. The shell only cost her around 8 copper coin since the owner said that it's only a broken shell and couldn't be used fully anymore. In fact, she hadn't expected that Fae would ask for that things because the shell could only used by magician or knight that had completed their basic breath training. A basic breath training usually could only be completed when one reach the knight rank because it took years to completed it even if they were to start at a very young age.

"Then, 13 copper coin," Fae grinned. The original price for a low-tiered shell are 100 copper coin after all and that is already very cheap. Although the shell is already a bit broken, it still could be used perfectly.

"You little," Miss Red took the money while laughing. Even if Fae were to ask for a cheaper price, she wouldn't actually mind.

"What is this things?" Hany ask curiously.