Chapter 1

Fan art done by me, more at my tumbr:

-shadowsdarklight2 (F/ck it Bucket)

-----------

(Nny's POV)

Right across the street, he's right across the street.

I set myself up in a small coffee shop that overlooked the guys house. All weapons hidden on my person to not be suspected. Normally I wouldn't stake out a target, rare for me to even choose a target, but he was the perfect candidate. An old fat man, jiggly and fat, and all alone at home, just watching TV and wasting his existence.

"Hey," my attention was snapped to the calm voice to my other side. I stopped looking up at his window and looked back at the voice. "You seem stressed... need a tea?" The (probably) teen asked, holding out a small cup of steaming brew. "It was but one get one, I figured..." he just shrugged, handing me the beverage.

"Thank you," I said monotone, taking the drink, but just setting it down on the table, going back to the window.

"Mind if I sit?" he talked again. Why would he want to? Can't he just go away?

I shrugged, not wanting to be rude (or draw attention) by saying no. It's been a long day, I didn't need a spree, I just needed one body. One to drag back and paint the wall with. Someone without muscle to fight, and a lot of blood to hold the demon behind the wall at bay. Someone like the man in the window. More weight, more body mass, normally means more blood, probably 6 liters... Maybe 6.5 if I was lucky. The wall was covered in enough blood to keep it red, to keep it wet and thick for a while, but the thing on the other side continued to eat at it from its side. I just needed more, so I could leave it for a few days and relax. I only had a few days left, maybe a week of material attempting to drip to the floor. It needed to get done before the monster got impatient.

The boy say down across from me, messy blonde hair bouncing slightly at the sudden movement. He'd be something like my normal victim, scrawny, thin, tall. Easy to take down, easy to drag back. He was texting on his phone while he sat, distracted, just like the others. I'd say rude, or disappointing, but he has yet to be either of those things. I had ignored him for now, but, then that would mean I had been the rude one. He had sat by me.

"Did you want something or...?" I asked impatiently. I just wanted to get the window man and ago home, finish the wall so I had more time.

"No, no... sorry, I just thought you seemed lonely. maybe wanted someone to talk to... Did you want me to go?" Kinda, I'm in the middle of something.

"No actually... I quite enjoy pleasant company." A small smile returned to his face, sipping his tea. The window man could wait a few moments, he wasn't going anywhere... for the next hour or so at least. "I like your shirt."

He looked down at his black and white stripes, and then back up, "Thank you. I like the jacket." I just nodded. Staring down at the drink. I almost felt bad not to drink it, but I wasn't a huge fan of teas. They made me sleepy, and sleep just wasted time, precious time, I needed that. "Do you not like tea?" he asked sadly.

"Not really."

"Did you want me to get you a coffee instead?" he spoke politely. So far I didn't hate him. He didn't deserve death, at least not by my hands.

"Not a fan of coffee much either, I just came here for the foods." That's a lie, everything here tasted like cardboard and was either harder than a brick or softer than mush. Nothing was worth eating here. 

The boy just nodded, continuing to drink from his cup. "I never got your name," I told him.

He turned to me slowly, almost seeming to wonder if he should give me his name. Or real name that is. maybe he was choosing a believable fake name? As far as i could tell, the one he gave me was real.

"Roy."

Not that a real or fake name mattered, he hopefully wouldn't find his way into my house unwillingly.

"People call me Johnny, but I like to go by Nny. When I can at least."

"Nny? Not John?" I just gave him a glace. "I mean, I like it... it's unique," he said happily. He had pulled out his phone, sending a few more texts I couldn't see and then standing. "Well, my ride's here, I should go, but ah... it was nice talking to you. Maybe we'll bump into each other again soon, yeah?"

I just exchanged smiles with him as he left, tossing his cup ad heading towards the door. As soon as I deemed him far enough away, I took action. I felt my blades attached to my hip, tapping my thigh with every step as I headed to go get the window man. I was just getting around to the back door when something stopped me.

A small sharp ting shocked me up my arm.

A blow dart was sticking out of the back of my shoulder.

I turned to where the dart must have come from, vision going blurry from the dart's effects. I felt another sharp pain under the first, tunnel vision setting in as the second tranquilizer shot through my system. I swayed and felt a dull thud as I hit the ground. Thinking was difficult and it felt like my head was filled with cotton, everything fuzzy and to soft to make out. Moving was hard at this point, clawing at the grass to get away from the presence I helt coming closer, presumably the person that had just shot me, but I wasn't able to move. Aside from softly petting the window man's dead grass like an idiot, until even that motion seemed impossible to comprehend doing. Everything from my brain to my body was numb and heavy.

All I was able to sense was the heat of someone standing over me.

I could barely make out he voice that spoke, sounding almost as it were underwater.

"You couldn't have just drank the tea..."