Chapter 20

(Nny's POV)

When the light went out, all I could hear was screaming. Screaming, SCREAMING. Not loud, but right into my ears. I could feel the tissue vibrate it was so loud, so close, I felt like my head might explode!

"GET HOME, COME HOME," it said. "IT'S GETTING OUT," It warned, it LIED. And I left, thinking the only way to get the voice to stop was to do just DO IT. To just do what it said.

Because the voice was scared, he was scared, I was scared. Of what, I wasn't sure.

Fear of uncertainty... probably?

I don't know how I got home. It... it was like a blackout, I had no consciousness of my actions, or how any of it happened. I just remember walking up to my door, with my arm and leg in intense pain. But I was on a mission, so I paid it no mind.

Walking inside was a mistake. The smell hit me first; a pungent, rotting smell, and a thick copper scent. Something I knew was from the broken air conditioning, and the rooms overheating. The basements would be cold on the lower levels, but up here... The room boiled. The flesh and gore and blood were dried, caked in places, and pooled in others, almost like a gell. It was so hot the pools almost smelt cooked, it was so warm I couldn't believe how humid it also was. That humidity was possibly the only thing keeping the blood pools from completely drying over into a dark crust.

The other thing I noticed were the screams. Oh, the screams. Why did I miss them? I both hated and enjoyed the sound. My mind found the sound distasteful, and yet, my body walked towards it.

And then I saw it.

The wall. The dripping mass that it was, barrier almost through. It was thin and blackening, cracking off just as fast as it was being eaten. And the monster on the other side. The master of this all. Of this house, of the Doughboys, of my MIND! ALL OF IT!

I could almost see the thing. Incomprehensible and huge, like some Lovecraftian behemoth, unmet to be seen by human eyes. I could see it though. Almost through the wall, but not in clarity, no... I could only see it because it was pressed against the plaster. The plaster that isn't ACTING like plaster. It was like a dull needle was trying to rip its way through latex, the barrier was GIVING. It was bending and warping, and it was TERRIFYING!

And it needed to be covered.

The Doughboys tried to talk to me. Psycho wanted me to cover the wall, and I would, I will, but he's not the only one with an opinion. Mr. Eff is yelling at me too. "Why would you come back, why couldn't you just stay away..."

I was not welcomed in my own home.

I don't know where I went really. I don't remember what room it was. I don't know how many people I found exactly, but anyone that was movable, I brought them into the room. The room with the wall. And I set them up in a circle in front of it. Maybe thirty... probably more. Whoever I could find to do this with. Anyone I could get and get this done with and get out as fast as I could.

I didn't want to be here.

They all struggled and screamed. The ones with arms scratched at me if their hands got loose enough. The ones with legs kicked at me as I dragged them up the steps. I don't know how many times I ran up and down stairs with bodies, sometimes I was able to carry two at once. Sometimes they struggled too much to get another person on my shoulder. So many almost escaped, I was being reckless. I couldn't let them go, I didn't have enough time to find more, I needed to leave.

I have no idea where I got the explosive from. I had no idea why I even had them in the first place, or when I got them. I didn't like thinking about these things though. I didn't like being confused for this long. Or at all. It was a heavy one, could probably take out

I didn't care where it came from, but I knew where it was going.

I set the time, tossing it into the center of my crowd. I hid behind a handful of bodies, making sure I wasn't going to be like one of them, caught in the blast.

Their screams grew as soon as they saw it. Shrill and obnoxious and loud. My ears felt like they would slip, but the detonation of the thing was worse. The two people I was safely behind weren't dead, but they would be soon with the amount of scarring and blood loss. But the rest of them.

Gone. Obliterated. Blown to such small bits, they were just a thick paste of burnt flesh and liquefied insides up against the wall. And the other wall. And the other two as well

And the ceiling.

And there was even MORE on the floor now, but that wasn't my problem.

Mr.Eff was laughing at me. Glad that the wall was finished for now, was safe for now, but he LOVED the way that it happened. It sickened me.

It sickened me that I still felt full at the fact that I accomplished something. That for the time being I was safe. Relief that I wouldn't have to worry about it for a while. I enjoyed watching death, watching the death of my collection of terrible people. The poison that bleeds through society, making it worse. Not a single person here deserve life in my eyes. Even in their final moments, they didn't pray, or beg forgiveness, or ask for final words. The only few that asked a sensible question, that went without answers, were the ones that asked why. They asked why, but only in a way that suggested 'they did nothing wrong.' That they were such nice people, 'they never did ANYTHING to me.' That they had NO reason to be here, but that's just the thing.

After Edgar, I had few people that didn't deserve it. In one way or another (unless I was desperate).

Psycho was mad at me even more now. Pretending to sob in the corner. But Bunny... Bunny was happy for me. Not about the deaths, no, but about... Roy.

He was glad I made a friend. Glad that friend wasn't dead. Hopes that he won't end up dead. I hope he doesn't either. That's... new.

Only one of the three hated that I left. One was happy, one was pissed, but I wasn't wanted in that house.

I tried... I tried explaining this to Roy, when I came back to his house. HIs home. Warm, but not unbearably so. I tried to explain things to him as best I could. But all I seemed to be able to make out was... I'm sorry.