Chapter 24

(Nny's POV)

"We!? You-you're going to let me do this with you!?" the idiot asked excitedly, like a kid in a candy store. "Like ‎Alexandros of Antioch and Michelangelo coming together to make a masterpiece! Brilliant."

"I think you're getting your time periods wrong." Seriously, no class. If you have the intelligence to know sculptures, at least know they wouldn't work together. Or alive at the same time. Or century.

"Whatever." The knife was pressed further into his neck for... Fun, I guess! I could see Roy swallow against the hold, Adam's apple bobbing against the blade. True fear flashing across his face. There wasn't anything for him to do here, he had no control, no chance to escape. I had to give him one.

"Let me hold him. He's got weapons locked up in the kitchen. See if you can pry anything open." I thought he'd argue. Maybe make a good reason that he shouldn't, or mention the fact that I didn't even have a weapon. But nothing happened. Roy was thrust into my grip and he found his way into the kitchen. Jimmy (was that his name?) had a giddy look on his face as my hand wrapped its way around Roy's neck keeping him in place, monstrous and disgusting.

He was going to die. I barely knew him, but in the twelve or so minutes he's been in my presence, I knew... he deserved it. More than anyone else I've had my hands on before, and I haven't even touched him.

And Roy... now I don't even have to look at him. I can feel him. Feel the bob of his throat drag against my hand as the other arm came around his waist to keep him from running. I could hear the idiot carving at the wooden counters to get the drawers open. And then hearing him scream 'Fucking, spoons!' when he pulled open the wrong drawer. Roy chuckled, sending a light vibration throughout my chest.

"Are you laughing at him or me?"

"Me. This. I don't really know."

"Well, what's so funny?"

"... I'm pretty sure this is how I die. This is about what I pictured. The dreams... nightmares I've had about my life choices."

"You're expecting to die? From this idiot?" I almost laughed at myself.

Another chuckle, "Well, if you're involved, I don't really know WHAT to expect. I never know..." His arms were still free, but instead of trying to escape... he hugged me. We were back to chest, but he put his arms behind him, behind me, and held his hands together. "I just ask, if it does happen today... make it fast."

"That's a new one," no one's ever asked that before. They normally ask for some kind of forgiveness or plee for their lives, at least try. To have someone give in like this was... New. It was weird. It was wrong. "Not even gonna try?" All I got was a shrug. And his arms tightened around me, pulling me closer to him. The invasion of personal space wasn't what I normally enjoyed, but... I didn't hate this. "Not afraid?"

"I don't fear death... just how painful it might be to get there... I-"

"Daddy found a gun in the pantry!" was screamed across the room as Mmy ran in.

What the? "Why was there a gun in the pantry-"

"Fuck, I don't know. Now let go of him, I wanna try to hit something," Jimmy said. Pointing the gun at him. Roy's arms tightened around my torso, keeping me in place. Not that I'd have moved anyway. His heart raced against my chest. He had a fear, everyone did. But he was smart enough to know when to quit at least.

"I thought you were gonna come back with like... A knife or something," I tried, unsure of how to get out of this with a gun pointing at me. Through to me... whichever.

"I thought this would be easier-"

"I thought you wanted this to be fun!?" My voice was a little on edge, but he didn't notice. No, he was too distracted by the stretching smile that crept to my features as I thought of all the ways this could go right for me. The many ways he would end up in my house as I burned it to the ground, body dead or alive, it didn't matter.

"Than what the fuck am I supposed to do with this!?" He asked, firing a warning show into the living room's ceiling fan.

"I liked that fan... Give the gun to me for more leverage and go find something else... something sharp." He looked at me with a dark smile. Something I might be able to pull off, but the teen couldn't with that ugly face. I smiled back and... the idiot gave it to me! Just... fucking unbelievable. "So... do you have any ideas how to get the drawers open?"

I held the gun loosely to Roy's head, showing him that the safety was still on. Mmy wasn't even smart enough to check if bullets were still in the thing before he started aiming, let alone cock the thing. He even made a gun useless.

"I don't much like guns," I said to no one in particular, ignoring his question.

"Uhm... Why not? They make things so much easier."

"No, no, I know what YOU might use them for. I try to only use them for important things," I pointed the gun at Roy, pulling the trigger for an uneventful click. If my hand wasn't still around his neck, I wouldn't be able to tell that he flinched. "Maybe him." I pointed the gun to my temple, another uneventful click. "Mostly me."

My hand came away from his neck as I turned off the safety and cocked the pistol.

"But for you... I'll make an exception." I rested my arms on top of Roy's shoulders as I fired, hitting the dumbass in his arm.

"FUCK!" Roy screamed. Well, Mmy screamed too, but it didn't quite make out words.

"I know right, how did I miss that?" Roy clammed his hands over his ears, falling to the floor in agony. My ears weren't ringing, but I'm sure his hurt like hell. My copycat was in pain too, but who gives a shit.

One more bullet into his eye and it was over.