Chapter 5

(Nny's POV)

Darkness is but an illusion of the senses, were light isn't able to pass through the iris enough to perceive color. There was no such thing as true darkness... but it was still hard to adjust.

I wanted to adjust to the darkness, wanted to look at the rope, the knots. See if there was any way I knew how to untie them. This would be so much easier with a knife.

My mouth still tastes like copper, sharp and metallic. I didn't like it. I missed it, but I didn't like it. I didn't like touching flesh and fluids and body parts, but I had to, they made me. It made me. How could I collect it without touching it...

I felt blood trickle down my hand, dripping from my palm to my fingertips.

(Make it slick, slip out, SLIP OUT!)

"I'm working on it!"

(Roy's POV)

I think the poor thing is talking to himself. He's been down there for less than an hour in the darkness. I though with how frantic and exhausted he seemed he would have fallen asleep by now, but I keep hearing mumbling. It was hard to make out words through the soundproof walls, but I could swear I heard another voice.

It's just getting late, I might be starting to hear things.

I did a final check around the house, making sure everything was locked up, no weapons were left out, no knives I put all of Johnny's... ah... C4 away. I'll have to find a way to dispose of that.

I left the jacket by the door in the basement, knowing I'd have to give it back when he gets picked up. Maybe not. Meh, it was a cool jacket, and my style... Nah, I'll give it back.

I had the feeling that as soon as he was handed off, the client would 'mysteriously' wind up dead, then I'd be next. I'm sure of it. I wonder if there was any way to prevent that? Getting myself on the top of his list by tying him up probably wasn't helping, but there's no coming back from that now... Was there.

I locked all the doors I could in the house, putting the key back on my necklace as soon as I was done. For now I felt safe. I could still hear muffled voices coming from the basement, but that just meant he was still there, safe and tied down. Unmoving.

It was midnight when I finally sent and uploaded the video... Midnight. Five hours... I, I'll sleep for five hours, then I'm back up.

---------------

My alarm clock screamed at me at five am, and I hated it. My normal sleep schedule was at least eight hours, if not ten, but I didn't wanna risk anymore time with me being unaware with him in the house.

Breakfast. Breakfast is needed. I'd make pancakes if I could trust him with his hands, but I can't, so I guess I'm making smoothies.

No noise came from the room as I made them. Maybe he finally fell asleep.

I set the drinks outside the door, hearing whispers coming from the other side. But as soon as I flipped the lights back on, they stopped. No noise came through as I unlocked the door holding, what felt like, possibly the most dangerous person I've ever had in my house.

At first look, he was still in the chair, tied down, head turned down so he stared at his lap. I dragged a chair in with me so I could sit across from him, he didn't look up at me, just shook violently, still tugging at his restraints... but not as hard now. Good, he's giving up.

Or so I thought. As soon as I closed the door behind me, bringing the drinks with me, and sat down, he lunged for me. Having his wrists free and leather loose enough for him to have gotten his forearms out. I was still well enough away from him to not have affected me, but my eyes still widened at the fact.

"Well 'someone' sure made progress last night!" I said, almost congratulating him. "You know, you're probably the first to get more than there hands free." I folded my arms, leaning on the back of the chair while I looked at him. How could I fix this?

I couldn't use anymore tranquilizer, that might kill him, and I didn't want that blood on my hands. Threatening him wasn't working... Let's try something else.

"Smoothie?" I asked, holding up the drink, straw poking out if the cover.

He stared at me blankly. His arms fell to his sides and his face twisted into a mix of annoyance and confusion.

"Smoothie?" He asked back. "I'm threatening your life, and you offer me a SMOOTHIE?" He was more annoyed than actually angry, but the rage still radiated off of him in waves.

"Well, your not really threatening like that... are you bleeding?"

"Fuck off." He was definitely bleeding. His hand was cut open and it was dripping onto the floor. It wasn't bad, it had dried and scabbed over at this point, but there was still a bit on the floor from the night before.

"Give me your hand-" I tried calmly.

"I refuse to touch you unless it results in breaking your arm," he replied, folding his hands in his lap.

I held out the smoothie, just barely in reach. He grabbed it without so much as a 'fuck you' and just stared at it in his lap.

"What's in it?"

The question took me an, "Uh, well, banana, mango, pineapple, ginger-"

"No, you idiot, did you put something IN IT!? To, you know, knock me out again! Tie me back up!"

"Oh, no," I took a sip out if the straw, "but if I did, I wouldn't tell you." I smiled, continuing to drink.

He took a tested sip of it, trying to see if he could taste anything funny. And to my delight, his eyes lit up. Only by a bit, but it was still enough for me to feel quite proud of myself. And for once he was quite, without being unconscious.

And it was almost a calm silence as we continued breakfast. A silence that I broke with a nagging question.

"Why are you here?"