Extras After

I got really sad one night and decided to write something to make me feel better. I regret nothing. 

-------------------------------------

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" Nny asked back.

"Scratch at your pocket. I know you're keeping a knife in there... what's bugging you now?"

"The girl in front of us. She's been taking twenty minutes to describe her fucking drink to the cashier. Just get your goddamn tea and MOVE!" The girl seemed to have heard that, turning around... and flipping us off.

It took a minute for the room to be empty. The first second was when the knife came out. The next two was enough time for it to be placed deep into her throat. And about twenty-four seconds for people to notice as she sank to the ground. The remaining thirty-three seconds was filled with panic, pushing and screaming as people fled from the scene.

"Shit... now, who's gonna make my fucking coffee."

"Didn't really think that one through, did ya."

"Please, don't mock me," he stated flatly as I walked behind the counter, pushing buttons on the espresso machine in an attempt to figure it out. "I know that wasn't exactly graceful, but it did what I wanted!"

"Got your coffee? Cause that's not what happened-"

"No, it killed the girl. That was the point."

"We're in a coffee shop. I think the point was to get coffee."

"Maybe relieve some stress... it helped," Nny finally admitted, knowing I wouldn't stop poking him until I knew what he was thinking. It got my attention at least, forcing me to stop torturing this poor bean juice machine.

"Why would you be stressed?" He looked down at the floor. The steal to of his boot grinding the dumb girl's blood into the grout if the tile, thinking about how he'd answer. And while he mulled over his answer, I started making tea. Because hot water was easier to make than figuring out a machine with too many fucking buttons.

"Hard to say."

"Nny." He looked up at me. "Is it because this is where we met? Where I knocked you out, and permanently screwed up your life?" Somehow that brought a small smile to his face as he continued to kick at the body.

"The most screwed up thing is... you were probably the nicest person to me that day... week. Month. Humanity is disgusting." Moto we live by.

"Like the guy you were hunting the night, I found you?"

"Hunting makes it sound fun, I was doing it for the wall... you know that." I don't like it when he brought up the wall.

"Is the wall what you're stressed about? Again?" We sat down at the same table we did when we met. I handed him a tea, just like that day. And unlike that day, he took a sip.

"I know you can't understand it," he rubbed his exposed finger gloves on the outside of the hot cup, while we watched the snow fall on the street outside, "but I had been in that house for so long... that I physically don't remember how I got there. Or how it started. It's weird to feel so... detached from who you once were." I folded my legs on the chair as the blood leaked down the grout of the tiles closer to me. "My head feels so empty."

"Is it better empty?"

"... sometimes."

"And others?"

"Other times I feel as though there's nothing but an echo. An intense doubt that we did something wrong... or that this was just a dream, and I'll somehow wake up with a maddening bloodlust for torture and revenge. Again. Or that I'll find some way to scare you off..."

"We've already been over this-"

"But those thoughts don't go away, that's what you don't understand!" He stood quicker than I could say something back, letting his coffee be knocked to the ground as he stormed out into the snow. My boots sloshed against the salted pavement when I left to follow.

"Your car is locked," he stated flatly, leaning against the passenger side, freezing his ass off while he was forced to stand outside in the cold.

I sat on the hood of it, letting myself get as cold as he was before I spoke again. "I'm sorry."

"Then unlock the car," he said against. Instead, I tapped the spot next to me.

He slowly walked to the front of the car, not getting on the hood, but standing in front of me, annoyed. "Not what I meant," once he was finally looking at me again. I pulled the hood of my jacket up, covering my ears. "I'm sorry if I upset you... are you mad at me?"

"For what?"

"For not helping whatever you're going through," another small smile spread across his lips. Nny rubbed his hands together, his gloves not helping much in this weather. The pockets of my jacket only doing so much itself.

"At least you're trying."

I reached down, holding his hands in mine own in an attempt to help him heat them up. We could have just gotten in the car, but that wasn't as fun as this. Pulling him a little closer, I was able to separate his hands, placing them on each side of my head. Under my jacket hood and against my skin. His fingers like ice against my neck and my skin probably burning against his hands.

"We should really wash those shoes," I said, noting the bloodstains on the leather. I got a chuckle out of that one. I was even able to turn my head, pressing my lips against his palm.

And in an instant, the moment was ruined when the sirens started and then got closer. Blue and red lights were easily seen from several blocks away.

"Huh, their response time is getting better."

"Can we get in your fucking car now, it's freezing out here."