Chapter 3

This is an extension of the cover photo... kinda.

----------------

(Roy's POV)

His eyes went wide at his fact, "That is indeed concerning." He stayed quiet for a moment, just... staring at me. I reach out again, watching him as I went for his neck. He didn't move, only staring at me, at my hand, back at me, but that was it.

Until it wasn't.

His jaw snapped at me again as soon as my hand touched skin, managing to sink his teeth into the palm of my hand. No blood was drawn, but damn it hurt like it had. He smiled up at me, seeming satisfied that he got me.

"An animal is most dangerous when cornered," he stated, smug and happy with himself.

I've had enough.

He let out a screech and then started screaming and cussing again as I violently grabbed at his hair, moving his head to the side to check his pulse.

"Slow. Weak and slow, but you should be fine," I stated. He started jerking and twisting in his chair again.

"You may have survived if you had let me go when I asked-"

"You never asked me that."

"Oh... really, wow. Can you untie me?"

"No-"

"When I get out of here, I'm gonna pierce your flesh with the broken chunks of this stupid metal fucking chair!" and just like that, we're back to screaming.

Ooh, and thrashing, I wish he would stop that. "Don't bother trying to break the chair, it's sunk into the concrete-"

My phone started to ring loudly outside the door.

(Nny's POV)

Hair hurts now too, the dick. I could hear severa locks jingle from the other side of the door, but he left it open, keeping a curious eye on me while he answered the phone. A couldnt hear what the person was saying on the other end, but whatever it was, Roy (that was his name right?) was not happy about it.

"I thought you were picking him up tonight, that was the agreement?... What about tomorrow?... You can't just say something came up, there's a guy in my basement-... double the payment."

There was a long pause on his phone where he took the time to look back at me. I hadn't moved. I was too busy both trying to listen and trying to pan my escape. And trying to find the most creative way to kill this man. Ducks would be funny... where could I get a duck?

"Yes double it! Or I auction him off to the highest bidder on my dark web site... Wouldn't be the first time I've had to do it!... Six days, You get six days to get him, or he's gone, deals off." He hung up the phone, hands on his hips and face with a smug, confident look, like he had just won an argument. "I'll be back."

Leaving the door wide open, he ran up the steps. Outside I could see a pile of weapons, boots and jacket. MY weapons, boots, and jacket. Every last ounce of artillery I had had on my person it seemed. Meaning he had touched me... a lot. Enough to get all of the C4 out of my pockets and knives strapped to my calves and thighs a least.

It only too a few minutes (probably, I have no sense of time) for him to come back with a few supplies, though he set most of them onto the outer table, so I couldn't really tell what he had all brought. Though, from the sound, I was pretty sure it was heavy and metal... Interesting.

"What's the camera for?" I asked, giving him a disgusted face. I've been on the internet (I have a twitter), and I like about one eighth of the entertaining shit on there. The rest was just disgusting. People touching one another, or 'friendly' interactions. Putrid. I hope this isn't where it's going. Couldn't he just kill me on camera? I'd much prefer that.

"Ooh, I love answering this! Mostly it's for the client to know that I have their intended target, its so messy when you have the wrong person, or a look alike by mistake. And it shows them that you're in the state they wanted you in. Normally it's unscathed, but... every now and then you get the odd request, you know how it goes." No, I really didn't. He was still so chipper about the hole thing. All smiley and... creepy. No one should be this constantly happy. People say positivity's infectious, and I refuse to be a part of this disease.

"You're not recording me-" and the bastard had the GALL to interrupt me!

"Oh, honey, you don't have a say in this," and that sickening smile was back. And the worst part was... he was right. This idiot had this planned out from the very beginning, taking any safe choice he could. The only chance I could think of to get out would be to break out of my bindings and break the door down, but I couldn't move my arms, or wrists. I could barely move my FINGERS FOR FUCKS SAKE! (Wow, you're loud even in your own head.) Shut up!

Roy came back from behind the camera, setting it up before his attempt to display me, with a rag.

"These things are still sticking out of my arm by the way."

"Oh, yeah those... meh, I'll keep them in. the bright color is kinda aesthetically pleasing. Now say 'ah'."

"Aesthe-... what?" he moved the rag, now looking more like a gag as it came close to my face. "No, WHY?"

"Cause you tend to bite anytime I get near you."

"So you come near me so I won't bite you, define irony!" I almost smiled at my own joke. "I'm not putting that in my mouth."

"Like I said before, you don't really have a choice." fast as a viper his face was closer to mine than I was comfortable with in this situation. Physical space normally wasn't an issue, but I normally had some form of sharpy, sharp thing on me for stabbing. And he kissed my nose.

He KISSED my NOSE! MY FUCKING NOSE!

As fast as I could manage, I shot up, teeth snatching at the closest thing in his face and biting down hard enough to feel copper gush into my mouth. I managed to catch his bottom lip and lock it between my jaws, pulling it taught. I wanted to rip it off, but I didn't have enough room for my head to whip around and tear through that sweet flesh. I missed the taste of blood...

He made a small noise of unexpected pain before reeling back, not even angry at his gushing busted lip that he managed to pull from its trap."My point exactly, ya fuckin' piranha," he mumbled, now able to stuff the gag in my mouth with me pleasantly distracted.

Heh, piranha.