Chapter 2

(Roy's POV)

"No, no, he wouldn't drink it," I told the buyer over the phone.

"Do you at least have him?"

"Of course, I just used a dart, why would I be calling if I didn't already have him with me?"

There was a long pause on the other end of the line. I knew enough about what I had done to know the dose for an average sized human, though he was much skinnier than I was used to. I didn't know what he had done in his past for the client to want him, but then again I never really did. A mercenary didn't question things when a substantial amount of money is waved in there face.

I had never killed anyone I kidnapped, only delivered. Who I took I never knew more than their name and face, and to who I delivered them to I never really knew either. Most often or likely it was either a missing family member, or someone who faked their own death. Sometimes it was even criminals that got away, which is what I assumed Johnny was.

I was warned about the man, unconsciously and carelessly slumped, in the chair in front of me. Warned of the things he could do to me if given the chance.

A shuffling of paper startled me as the unknown voice cracked over the line. "Is he alive?"

I was astonished at the question, "Yeah, why? That's what we agreed on wasn't it? You come get him, I get paid. That's the end of it. I never saw you, you never saw me."

"I meant to say, keep him unconscious the entire time, I don't want him getting aw-"

"I can't do that."

There was another pause before an uproar of sound hit my ear, "And why not! That's the safest possible way to keep him put!" the raspy voice said on the other line.

"You said you wanted him alive, that was the deal! I just got him sat down and shot him again to keep him from thrashing. But any more of the tranquilizer could trigger and overdose, and I don't have anything to handle that right now. He'll wake up in a few more hours with his weight, what do you suppose I do with him till then?"

"... Ah... Tie him up," he says as if it was the most obvious of answers.

"He is," I reassured the client, "Anything else helpful you can give me?" I looked left the room in the basement with Johnny in it, going upstairs in an attempt to find more leather rope. Hemp and nylon where strong as rope, sure, but leather was less suspicious and easier to come by in this small town, away from any lake or boating waters. Leather was tight, constricting, didn't fray, didn't stretch (if cured right), harder to break. It was perfect.

"He'll try anything to kill you if he gets out."

"Then I won't let him get out."

"He'll sure as hell try..."

(Nny's POV)

Hurt, Hurt, HURT!

Everything hurt! Why did everything hurt?

I felt like I'd been punched in the face!

I tried to lift my hand enough to rub my eyes, but... Felt I couldn't move them. Or my legs, or anything at this point. Maybe I was still asleep? When did I fall asleep!

No, no, I definitely fell asleep, something made me blackout. Needles where still sticking out of my arm. Or where these new? Yeah, they're new, these ones where pink this time... where the other ones pink? Wait... Where am I?

As soon as I could open my eyes I noticed the chair I had been tied to. Thin strands expertly tied to one another to keep me still, arms tied to my sides and wrists tied to one another with the rope going under the chair, keeping them down. Ankles tied to the legs of the chair kept me from kicking in any way.

"Hello?" I thought aloud, almost quietly. Nothing. "HEY!" The sound bounced off the walls of the small room, but at least some of it must have made it to my, soon to be regretful, capture. Had the window man seen me? Is this his house? Couldn't be, it looked too clean... Had a neighbor seen me sneaking into his house? Did I even make it into the house?

I heard dull footsteps trudging down a flight of stairs through the seemingly thick wall. At least now I know I'm in a basement.

The door across from me swung open, a head peeking in. The eyes went wide in what looked like confusion. He glanced at the phone in his hand before continuing to talk to it.

"Hey, yeah, I'll ah... can you call me back in like five minutes? Yeah... he's awake," the boy stated, hanging up before the caller could answer back and setting his phone on, what I assumed was, a table outside the door before closing it. "Fuck, you weight like... what, 60 kilograms? You shouldn't be awake by now..." He stated almost curiously.

I stared at his hand as it came closer to my face, glaring at it as if it were a disgusting mass of germs and flesh... oh, wait.

I bit in his general direction, my teeth seeming to be the only threatening thing I could use at the moment with my hands (literally) tied behind my back. He barely pulled his hand back. As my jaw snapped shut, almost unfazed.

I screamed at his face while he looked down on me, "FUCK YOU, DON'T TOUCH ME!"

This finally took that all too calm, composed look off his face. "How much do you weigh, you should've been out for another..." he seemed to pause to do math in his head, shrugging, "at least four more hours..."

"...What!?" I shouted back. Weight? WEIGHT!? What did my weight have to do with this? "WHY!?"

He kept his voice calm, like Edger, like Devi, trying to make sure I wouldn't get out of control, trying to calm me down too, and it WASN'T WORKING!

"You're, what, 1.75, 1.76 meters tall? I figured you were at least 60 kilograms, you should still be unconscious with the dosage I gave you." I just blanched at this.

"What's up with this meter... - kilogram shit!? 115 pounds, say it in pounds!"

he rested his head in one hand, the other holding that elbow while he stood in front of me, "115... you're barely 52k, you should still be unconscious-!"

"What did you shoot in me?" Things were getting dizzy again...

He lifted his head from his hand, "Animal tranquilizer... I was trying to check your heartbeat by the way. When I reached for you before." He still remained polite and charming, and it made me feel sick. It was nauseating and off putting and I HATED IT.

"Why exactly?"

"You're underweight, I miscalculated and I wanted to make sure your heart wasn't about to stop."

The dizziness was getting worse.