After the War

Hey, ya'll! Welcome to the sequel, Capos! How you doing today? For the new people, stop what you're doing and read the first book! It's called Drug Lords. You'll get spoiled~

Anyways, I'm really happy to be doing a second part to this storyline because it's basically one of my favs. This book will be the end of the series of Drug Lords/Capos! The ending of this book will be...rather shocking and you'll need like five boxes of tissues. ;) Don't worry, I'll cry with ya'll.

So, enough of this small author's note, enjoy the first chapter!

*

Lucy

After the war, I just ran. I tried looking for the rest of my friends but they were no where to be found. The only people I found was Levy and Cana. Erza disappeared somewhere, Jellal got arrested by the DEA, Gajeel and Gray told me they went to the safe house where Mira is at, and Natsu...well, Natsu's gone.

It's been three months now after the war. I've always felt a little strange not seeing Natsu around, laughing and enjoying everyone's presence. Everyone has officially recovered from the loss of Juvia, and the injuries they had received. We've done a burial for her, and as usual, it was our routine to shoot at the skies in honor of her.

Salvador and Nashi have grown now. They're still a baby but they learned how to crawl. The twins also learned to finally put things in their mouth, and Mira had to baby proof everything.

Raising them as a single mother, I kind of wished Natsu was here. He would always cheer the babies when they cried, and made them laugh and giggle a little. I can't believe Salvador and Nashi are going to grow up, one day knowing that their father died at a drug war.

Mira and the rest of my friends kept telling me that he might still be alive. I don't believe them one bit. I want to though, but I can't bring myself to believe that Natsu is alive somewhere, needing our help and trying to survive out in the world.

If he is alive, I'll feel completely guilty that I had abandoned him on the ground dying. If he showed up at the safe house, all injured and still alive, I'll burst into tears and apologize a million times. But, one cannot have their hopes up.

When I was with him during that time, there was a gunshot. I can still remember the pain from the bullet.

"Natsu, I'm sorry f-for every–"

BAM!

"Agh!" I scream out, wincing at the pain from the bullet entering my shoulder.

"Lucy...n-no! Don't hurt her." Natsu says, trying to shout out as he looks at the enemy.

"I'm not leaving until I kill you both! Because of you, Ajeel is dead! I will cease your existence!" A tall, male man says, aiming his gun at me.

"N-No, please. Leave her alone. I'm begging." Natsu said, wincing and coughing.

I clutch onto my shoulder, blood dripping down my left arm. This bullet seems to hurt much more than the ones from before. The heat from the bullet is burning my flesh from the inside!

"I'll end your suffering, Natsu Dragneel."

Suddenly, another person grabs my from behind and pulls me away from Natsu. I scream and scream, yelling for him to let me go! I see the other man aim his gun at Natsu and I widen my eyes, tears falling down.

"N-No..."

BAM! BAM! BAM!

"NATSU!!"

I guess, the time that we leave will arrive eventually. Erasing the memory from my head, I focus on the other things.

The business has been solid now. Everything is going fine and going how the way we all want it to. We've received cash and millions of dollars from the exchange of the merchandise. The farmers are doing excellent, according to Levy.

The laundering of the money, since Juvia is out of the picture, I lent it to Mira. The salon is hers now and she's the owner, but it is still name Juvia's Beauty Salon. Mira has been doing great with the counting of the money and keeping check on the cash.

Gray and Gajeel went on a quest to find Natsu and gather information about him. There was no news on the TV that Natsu had been captured or his corpse was found. So those two went on a look out in search for him. I haven't seen them in so long, and they left two months ago.

Erza, she suddenly disappeared. After the war, I couldn't contact her and or find her. It's been pretty hard without her here, but I have a feeling that she's out there somewhere doing just find on her own. But, last week, I had received a letter from her. She said that she's in New York with her mother, Eileen, and that she wanted to catch up. Erza also apologized for the sudden absence and disappearance, and that she hopes that we can all forgive her.

I wrote back and said that it's fine. She didn't say anything else about Eileen, but that she used to be an enemy from the war. I still don't know who killed Juvia, but I have a feeling that it's Erza's mother.

"Lucy, are you alright?" Mira asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, sorry. Were you saying something?"

"You're still thinking about the war, huh? Lucy, I thought we've been through this already. Please, this is bad for your health now. Remember, the doctor said that you have a war related trauma. Thinking about that will only have you more traumatized."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. This is pretty hard for me. Mira, Natsu is gone. I have this feeling of guilt, for some reason. What if he's still alive somewhere, just like all of you girls said? This feeling isn't going away and I hate it."

"Lucy, we've all experienced a loss before. Larcade died, and I know that he's officially dead because we buried him. You must be upset that we couldn't properly have a burial for Natsu, but don't get your hopes up that he's still alive. Gray and Gajeel haven't found anything yet, and I'm starting to think they'll find nothing. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up."

"I'm not. And I don't believe that he's still alive. It's impossible. Natsu got shot three times in front of me. He was losing too much blood anyway." I said, standing up from the stool.

"Checking up on the twins?"

"Yup!"

Gray

"Gajeel, we've been looking everywhere. At the desert, the main city, the bars, the hotels, and heck, even the abandoned places! Natsu is nowhere to be found. We've asked people if they've heard of any news but to no avail." I said, plopping myself down on the bar stool.

"We still need to ask and look. I know we went on this quest for about two months now but everything is worth it. I have this feeling that Natsu isn't dead." Gajeel says, grabbing the bartender's attention.

We order drinks and take a break from our quest. It's been a long day today, and I'm glad that we're laying off for a little while. If Natsu was alive, where the Hell would he be anyways?

Suddenly, the bar got a bit quiet and I hear footsteps coming from behind us.

"G-Gray, Gajeel?" A voice says.

Gajeel and I slowly turn around, and we gasp. I widen my eyes, shocked to see the man we've been looking for all along. He has bruises and he's bleeding from all over! Cuts and wounds on his skin and scratches over his body and ripped, dirty clothes.

"Natsu..."

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 2:

Welcome Home