6 Year Olds

(Photo is the dress Lucy is wearing.)

**

Lucy

The next week came by fast. It is currently the twins' birthday and they are both at Natsu's house. Since Salvador and Nashi are staying over there this month, Natsu has to decorate the house.

Levy, Erza, and Brandish has taken them out to eat ice cream and choosing a toy for their birthdays while Mira, Jellal, and everyone else are decorating the house.

It feels so strange. I feel like I gave birth to them just yesterday and now they're turning six years old. They're growing up too fast for my comfort!

After putting on a long, red dress, Lisanna helps me with my hair as she curls the ends of it. She's wearing a long, flowery dress with a laced choker wrapped around her neck. Every woman is mostly wearing nice outfits for the occasion, and the men are wearing collared shirts and jeans.

"There. All set." Lisanna says, setting down the curling either and unplugging it.

"Thank you for the help, Lisanna. We have to hurry or else we'll be late. I don't want to be that parent, you know?" I said, a bit nervous.

"Lucy, there's nothing to be worried about. Sure, you're seeing Natsu again but just relax. I'm sure he's nervous as well. Now, don't forget the presents that are near the door. Levy texted me right now saying that she's going to be heading to Natsu's house in ten minutes." Lisanna says, and I breathe.

"Yeah, okay. Go on ahead downstairs, Lisanna. I'll meet you outside."

Lisanna nods and leaves my room. I look at myself in the mirror and stare at the red dress I have on. Natsu isn't the only thing I'm nervous about seeing. I'm edgy in seeing Gray.

I don't think I can even look at him again after knowing that he has feelings for me. Is Natsu even going to let him inside his own house again? I'm just going to have to act oblivious about it.

Quickly glancing at myself in the mirror for the last time, I grab my phone and leave my room, heading down the stairs as the heels make loud thumping sounds against the steps.

As I head over to the entrance, I grab the presents for the twins and look at the two picture frames of Larcade, Juvia, and my mother.

"Wish me luck, you three."

In a blink of an eye, I'm already here in front of Natsu's house. My bodyguard opens the door for me and I get out of the black vehicle. This is so nostalgic to me now.

"C'mon, let's go." Lisanna says, grabbing my hand.

We enter the large house through the open doors and inside is decorated with balloons at the ceiling and a table filled with gifts just for the twins. I see a cake box over at the dining table and two number 6 candle boxes next to it.

Streamers are hanging from the railings of the stairs and a banner at the front of the entrance saying 'Happy Birthday, Twins!'

"Whoa." I said in awe.

These twins sure are spoiled.

"Lucy, you're here! Good thing you made it just in time. The twins will be arriving shortly right now so we have to prepare ourselves. Also, you two look amazing." Mira says, complimenting Lisanna and I.

"Likewise, Mira! You look amazing in that dress! It brings out your hair a lot." I said, smiling.

"Lucy! You look amazing in that dress. I've always though you looked outstanding in the color red." Gray says, coming into the conversation.

Act oblivious.

"Ah, thank you."

"Here, I'll take these and put them at the table." Gray says, grabbing the gift bags.

"Oh–"

"Yeah, you do that considering you're nothing but a servant." Natsu says from behind me.

I widen my eyes, and look at Mira and Lisanna. The two sisters eye each other, and clear their throats. This is really awkward.

"Natsu, you don't want to try me right now." Gray says, going in front of him.

"You're under my roof, and I can treat you however I want."

"You really think I wanna be here? I'm just here to enjoy the twins' birthday. Let's not do this today. It isn't a good time." Gray retorts in a lower tone. 

"Oh, I think it's a perfect time. Lucy is still my wife. Stop trying to hit on her in front of me or else I'll kick you out."

"You can't kick me out. Lucy won't let you."

"Hey! I'm going to need you two to stop bickering against each other. Today is a day where we leave all of our problems behind. It is Salvador and Nashi's birthday. Do this any other day, but not right now." Mira says, a dark menacing aura surrounding her.

I gulp, looking at the men's eyes that are glaring at each other's souls. These two really do have beef, and it's all because of me. I didn't mean to staff a friendship war. All I want is for things to go back the way it was.

"They're here!" Jellal announces, closing the doors.

Everyone forms into a large group facing the doors. Someone opens it and we all scream out happy birthday to the twins as someone pops out confetti.

"Happy birthday!"

"Whoa! This is for us, Nashi!"

"Yay!"

I walk towards them, but realize that Natsu is beside me. A huge smile appears on my lips and I crouch down to their level.

"Happy birthday, you two! God, you're turning 6 years old! You guys are growing way too fast for my comfort." I said, pouting.

"Don't worry, Mama! When I'm older, I'm still going to love you no matter what because thanks to you and Papa, you gave us everything we need! You two are the best!" Nashi says, smiling.

A soft smile escapes my lips and I hug them both. They're my will the live, honestly.

"I love you so much, you two."

"Whatever you guys need, Mama and Papa will be here. We'll support you, love you unconditionally, and have your backs. You can tell us anything." Natsu says, and I look at him.

"Say, why can't Mama and Papa live together? Do you two not love each other anymore? We can be a family." Salvador replies, and my heart shatters.

"It's not that we don't love each other. You father and I love each other dearly. But, it's really important for us to be apart. You'll understand as you get older." I respond back, kissing him against his forehead.

"Oh. My wish is for one day, you two can be happy together and we can be a happy family! Isn't that right, Salvador?!"

"Yeah!"

Natsu suddenly grabs my hand and I gasp slightly, looking at him. He gives me a soft smile but I shake my head. We can't let our emotions get the best of us.

"I'm sorry." I said, standing up.

I take my hand back and clench my chest. Natsu tells the twins to go and play around, and they listen. He stands up and looks at me with those onyx eyes.

"Can we talk?" He asks in a soft tone.

"Yeah. Sure."

This might end good or it might end badly with so many regrets.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 13:

The Good Regret