The Enemy that Never Died

Lucy

I can't believe who I'm seeing. Sting is still alive after all these years. Why? Just why? How is he still alive!? Wasn't his head decapitated!?

"Your head...was decapitated. It was inside a box! How are you still alive, Sting!?" I yell out, my hands trembling.

"He's alive!? Lucy, get out of there now!" I hear Natsu shout through the phone.

"Natsu, I have to hang up. Take care of the twins."

Before he can respond, I end the call and put Jellal's phone in my pocket. Sting smirks, chuckling a bit.

"That was a fake head, Lucy. Did you really think that I would die that easily by Zeref? Achnologia, Zeref, and I are all secretly working together and you and Natsu had no idea!" He says, laughing hysterically.

"You three are working together? Oh my God. How come you disappeared after all these years!? Why did you fake your death?"

"Zeref wanted my death to be all over the news. It would be the perfect plan to catch you and Natsu off guard. We hired someone and they molded my lookalike head with every single detail. I was surprised by the results because it looked so realistic." He explains, and a lump crawls in my throat.

"I can't believe you. What are you going to do now!? Kill me? I have Achnologia at the palm of my hand and you're going to be next. After all this time, I thought we had one victory. Apparently, that's not true." I said, gritting my teeth.

I raise my gun and aim it at him, but he does the same, following in sync. He glares at me with a smirk on his lips. I look at my surroundings and there's an open door right beside me. If I go inside, I can shut the door on him to keep him out.

Looking back at him, I calculate the velocity of the bullet. If I shoot first, it'll give me time to actually go inside the room. Sting might fire and there's only 1% chance that I can dodge it. I have to be at least 500 feet away from him to dodge it but I'm too close.

"What are you thinking, Lucy?" Sting questions, and I charge my gun.

"On how much I'm going to kill you!"

I shoot at him and it hits his shoulder. In the speed of light, I go inside the room and close the door, locking it. He yelps in pain, and curses under his breath.

"You're not getting away that easily, you wench!" He says, and I sigh.

I go to the other side of the dresser and push to the door. I need it to block the entrance so Sting can't get inside even if he shoots at the door knob or knocks the door down.

After pushing it, I look around the room. This is Mira's room, and I'm sure she has something for emergencies. Sting's at the other end, pounding on the door and telling me to open up.

I search under Mira's bed, and there's nothing. I search at her closet and all of the bedside tables. If I don't hurry up, Sting will destroy that door and jump on top of that dresser that's in front of it.

There is a balcony but the fall is too high. I open the doors and go outside, looking down at how high up I am. It's not that much but if I fall down incorrectly, my ankle might have a cramp and twist.

So much for escaping, huh?

I climb over the balcony, and look down at the grass below me. Behind me, I hear the door getting pounded and destroyed. It's now or never, Lucy.

On the count to three.

One. My mind goes to my kids. Natsu should be protecting them right now and sending them to be safe house. I hope nothing bad happens to them; all three of those people.

Two. My mind changes to my friends. They're the reason why I'm still alive, and they've protected me throughout my life. Juvia and Larcade, I owe those two and they would want me to stay alive.

Three. Finally, my mind changes to my mother. She's the reason why I'm here on this earth, and she always supported me through every single thing. I owe her my respect and love.

The door gets destroyed and Sting cusses. I'm sure he's climbing over the dresser and I open my eyes, letting go of the railings. The air brushes past my face as I fall. Soon, I hit the ground and stumble to the grass, my ankle having a cramp.

"Agh!"

I roll down under the balcony so Sting doesn't shoot at him. I take a deep breath, and bring myself up to my feet again. My right ankle feels weakened, which means that I have to limp every time I walk until I get a recovery.

Instead of going back inside the house, I go around it. There's a few fighting outside, and I can spot Levy and Gajeel shooting at the others. If Gajeel is here, than that means that Natsu's other friends came as well.

"Gajeel! Levy!" I shout out, trying to gain their attention.

"Lucy! Stay there! It's not safe for you to come! There's too many shootings!" Gajeel yells, and I grit my teeth.

"You guys need help! Let me–guh!"

A knife stabs me at my lower back, impaling through my stomach. I look down at the sharp end, and blood drips down from it. My name gets called out and more shootings erupt from the guns.

"You can't escape me. I can jump off a balcony too, you know?" Sting says, grabbing the back of my head as he pulls my hair.

I discreetly grab a blade from my leg, and quickly open it. I stab his thigh, and he groans in pain. He releases me and pulls out his knife, making me stumble to my knees.

"Lu-chan!!"

"No, Levy! You can't go there! They're still shooting!" I hear Gajeel say.

It seems that Gajeel is holding back Levy from coming to me, and I think he's doing the right thing. He needs to protect her, because she's my best friend.

And I need her alive.

"She's gonna die! He's going to kill her! Let me go, Gajeel! Please!" Levy shouts out, tears falling down her cheeks.

"L-Levy..." I mutter, feeling the end of Sting's gun at the back of my head.

"Say goodbye to life..." He says, and I close my eyes.

But there was no shooting. I open it up, and I feel the end of the gun move away. Is he not going to shoot me?

All of a sudden, I hear a loud shot from behind me and I don't hear Levy's shouts and cries anymore. My eyes glance up and I see a red dot at her forehead with red liquid dripping down.

A lump crawls in my throat once again, and tears begin to slide down my cheeks from my eyes. There's no way in Hell that Levy died. She can't be dead.

There's no way. This is all a game right now.

"Levy! No, baby! Please, wake up! You're going to be fine! There's no way that you're dead, Levy! Please, I beg of you, wake up! I need you, please. This is the first time I've seen you now in forever since the twins' birthday...please, don't die!"

That's right. Levy and Gajeel didn't see each other throughout the years so Natsu and I didn't have to spend the sorrow of not seeing a loved one alone.

"Say goodbye to life...Levy." Sting repeats, adding her name to his sentence.

Sudden rage enters my mind, and I stand up, throwing a punch to his stupid face. He drops his gun and stumbles back to the wall. I grit my teeth, letting my anger out.

"You're gonna fucking die!! And this time, I'm going to decapitate your head!"

I'm not holding back. There's always a time to cry but right now, I just want blood spilled.

I want his blood to be spilled everywhere.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 17:

Capo VS Capo