Five Years Later

Lucy

Every month, Gray comes to my house and picks up the twins to take to Natsu. He doesn't come with, because that's what Achnologia wanted. At the beginning when I wasn't with him, I felt extremely sad and disappointed. But after a year, I began to feel a little bit better.

Now that five years have gone by, I feel great again. Sure, I miss the love Natsu and I have for each other, but nothing can ever break our relationship and bond. Salvador and Nashi gave grown, and their both five years old!

The only time I got to see Natsu and the rest of my friends from his cartel was during the twins' birthdays. We always exchange glances at each other, but we didn't do anything that's couple like. For our kids' and everyone's safety, we're willing to give up anything.

"Goodbye, Mama!" Nashi says, giving my legs a hug.

"Goodbye, Nashi. Goodbye, Salvador. Be on your best behavior with your father, okay? Also, don't eat too many cookies! Uncle Gray told me that your Dad gives you two a lot of sweets." I said, pouting.

"We told you to keep it a secret!" Salvador exclaims at him, and he chuckles.

"Your mother forced me to. Sorry, kiddos."

I chuckle, kneeling down to their level. The two look at me with eyes that are begging me to let them have sweets. I sigh, giving in to those beautiful eyes.

"Eat two." I said, and the two cheer.

"YAY! C'mon, Nashi! We have to go to Papa's house so we can eat those cookies he offers us! It'll be so much fun with all the entertaining toys he has for us!" Salvador says, pulling Nashi towards him at the exit.

"Watch your step down the stairs, kids! I'll be right with you." Gray says.

I walk up to him and smile. He returns the grin and gives me something that's inside a wrapped yellow box.

"Natsu says...happy anniversary."

"He got me a gift?! Oh my goodness, I totally forgot today was our anniversary."

Gray stares at me incredulously, but I give him a sly grin.

"You really think I'm going to forget our anniversary, Gray? That's ridiculous. Here, tell him happy anniversary as well. There's a small card in there that I wrote." I said, giving him a bag that I grabbed from the table near the front entrance.

"Jeez, I'm too gullible. Anyways, I'll be off now. Tell Mira and the others that I say hello. Take care of yourself, Lucy." He says, giving me a hug.

"Likewise, Gray. Tell Natsu that I miss him, and to always think with intelligence." I speak back, chuckling.

"Ha, I definitely will–"

"C'mon, Uncle Gray! You're taking too long! Salvador and I want the cookies already! Mama gave us permission so let's move it!" Nashi exclaims, hungry.

"Ugh, they're not even my kids and I still feel that I have to raise them. Bye." He says, leaving.

I wave goodbye and close the door. Looking down at the small gift Natsu gave me, a smile creeps up to my lips. I open the box and see a necklace of a flame designed in small diamonds.

Inside is a little note that reads, 'I love you so much.'

"I love you, too."

Natsu

Gray returns home, and the door opens. Nashi and Salvador come rushing inside and I kneel down, giving them both hugs and kisses.

"Oh, it's so good to see you guys! How is Mama? Did you behave like I told you too? You didn't give her a hard time right?" I ask, chuckling and grinning.

"No, not at all! It's all good. But, today...we found out something terrible, Daddy. Uncle Gray snitched on us that you give us sweets! Mama got upset but we convinced her to let us! She said three cookies." Nashi says, grinning.

"It's two." Gray says, and the twins glare at him, pouting.

"Jeez, that's too bad. The cookies are finished." I said, and the two frown.

"What!? Who ate them? Was it the Cookie Monster?!" Salvador questions, upset.

"Yeah. You know how he loves cookies. Anyways, go play with your toys upstairs. Later on, we can go get something to eat." I said, standing up.

"McDonalds!"

The twins race each other up the stairs and I giggle, entertained by the enthusiasm the twins have. It's evident one of them has Lucy's traits, while the other has mine. I turn to Gray and Cana comes out from the hallway.

"Where are the twins!? Oh, I missed them! Are they in their rooms?!" Cana asks, and I nod.

She immediately runs off up the stairs with a bottle of alcohol. Cana's health has turned back to normal, and she's not drinking as much anymore. All she's having is two bottles per week.

"Here. She says happy anniversary too." Gray says, handing me a bag.

A smile grows up to my lips and I grab it, excited to open the gift she gave me. My hands open the bag and take out a card first.

'Happy anniversary, love. We may not have seen each other for about five years, except when it's the twins' birthday, but I still have my love for you. Take care of the twins the entire month, yeah? I love you and I hope you're having an amazing day.'

The card has three pictures pasted on the paper with the two of us at the park, the lake, and at the amusement park. Mira took the picture of us on the swings at the park, Gray took the one where Lucy and I were sitting down at the edge of the lake, and lastly, Juvia had taken the picture of at the amusement park with our Minnie Mouse ears.

These were definitely the fun moments.

"Juvia took that picture. I remember." Gray says, and I look up.

"Yeah. We all had fun during that time at the amusement park."

I close the note card and grab my gift that's inside of the bag. It's wrapped in tissue and I unwrap it, revealing a family photo that is inside a Star with snow at the bottom. My heart warms up, and blush creeps up to my lips.

"It's you, Lucy, and the twins five years ago. Man, you look much older." Gray comments, and I scoff.

"She must have thought of this gift before our anniversary month. Honestly, she's so amazing that I love her even more. Ugh, I just want to see her!" I said, setting it down on the table.

"Lucy looks different, if I may so myself. Her hair grew much longer, and she looks great." Gray says, and I glance at him weirdly.

"You trying to get at my girl? Remember, Gray! She's still my wife and I'm still her husband! I am the only one allowed to comment things like to her. Find yourself another girlfriend, man."

"Nah, after Juvia, I don't think I'll find another. Plus, I quite like the single life now. One day, I'll be leaving. Juvia is going to be the one taking me to heaven...or hell, I don't even know. No matter how much terrible things we have done, no matter how much she's done working for Lucy, I'm sure she's in heaven watching over us along with Larcade." Gray says, and I grin.

"Yeah, you're right. Anyways, I'm gonna put this inside my room. I need to check up on the twins to make sure Cana isn't bribing them to drink with her. You know how she is."

Standing up, I almost leave the living room area until I hear Gray call me out.

"Wait, Natsu. I have something to tell you."

"Hm? What is it?"

"I...I am not sure how you're going to react but here goes nothing. I'm actually gaining feelings for someone...and those feelings are for your wife, Lucy."

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 11:

The Feelings of Love