Welcome Home

Natsu

"Natsu..."

Gray and Gajeel grab me before I nearly fell. They sit me down on a stool and I sigh, exhausted and completely hurt and injured.

"Bring alcohol, now!" Gajeel yells out to the bartender.

"What the fuck happened to you in the last three months, man!? Where have you been!? Lucy thinks that you're dead." Gray says, concerned.

"I...I don't really remember much. B-But, it was all Achnologia. That night when I was dying, two enemies from Zeref came and shot Lucy in the shoulder. They later shot me three times and I thought I was going to die. All of a sudden, I pass out and I wake up at a warehouse. Achnologia was right in front of me and the bullet wounds were treated. He was the one that saved Lucy, and captured me. You have no idea...what kind of torture he and his men put me through." I explain, coughing out a small amount of blood.

"That son of a bitch. Alright, this is going to hurt like shit. Bite into this." Gajeel states, and I gulp, grabbing a thick cloth and biting into it.

Gajeel pours the alcohol on my leg and I groan in pain, biting hard into the cloth. The worst part about being massively injured is the recovery and the treatment! This is honestly such a pain in the fucking ass.

The workers in the bar try to help out by bringing some medical things like stitches and bandages from a medical box. I breathe heavily, and Gajeel stops pouring the liquor.

"I think we might need to take you to the hospital, man. We're no nurses or doctors and we can't treat you correctly without the proper tools. Gajeel, lend me a hand." Gray said, putting my right arm over his shoulders.

"Gah! Be careful where you're touching! My stomach hurts like Hell!" I yell out, and Gajeel throws my left arm over his shoulders.

"I feel bad for you. I can't imagine the torture you went through. Once you're recovered, you're going to tell us what the fuck happened and how you escaped that bastard."

"Fine, but just be careful!"

I didn't think I would escape with these injuries. But I did, and I'm so darn proud of myself for fleeing that bastard's turf.

Gajeel

It's been hours already since we've arrived at the hospital. The doctor says that fortunately, Natsu didn't break any bones but was severely wounded. He's asleep right now, resting and recovering from the torture that he had to endure with Achnologia.

"Should we tell Lucy that Natsu is alive?" Gray asks, getting ready to call.

"No. I want to surprise her. Call Mira and tell her that he's alive. But tell her to not give Lucy any hint about the news. It'll be a secret. I'm sure that idiot of Natsu really wants to see his family again." I said, smirking.

"Awe, you really do have a heart. I've never seen you wanting to help out others in this kind of situation." Gray says, teasing.

"Oh, shut it."

Natsu suddenly groans, and wakes up. I cross my arms across my chest and stare at him. He opens his eyes and looks at Gray and I.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." I said.

"It's not even morning." Gray comments, and I glare at him.

"Who cares? Natsu's awake. So, how are you feeling, pal!?"

"Sore. And I feel a lil pain all over my body. But I've seen better days. How are you two doing? What were guys doing at the bar?"

"Looking for your dumbass! There was no news about you that you died or got arrested, so we all grew suspicious. Gajeel and I went on a quest in the last two months, searching for answers. Unfortunately, all that hard work didn't pay off! Instead of us finding you, you found us! Do you know how many times I couldn't sleep because of this bastard!? We had to stay up all night in the last two months. It was crazy." Gray explains, and I send him a death glare.

"Thanks. I'm glad you guys knew that I wasn't dead." Natsu says, smiling a bit.

"To be honest, it wasn't the same without you in the house. We needed your annoying ass to cheer everyone up. Lucy misses you a lot. She thinks you died and after the war, she grew into depression and got a war related trauma. Lucy is...traumatized but she's recovering." I explain, and he sighs.

"I miss her too. Every time I was stuck in that warehouse, I always thought of her and the twins. I thought that I wouldn't get out of there, but I did. Achnologia tortured me in the most terrible way possible. He tied me up and beat with me a bat once. He punched me, stabbed me, crucified me, and murdered other people brutally in front of me. He even threatened to kill all of you guys." Natsu said, and I widen my eyes.

"That asshole. He's going to get what's coming for him. Karma comes around, and he'll die, including Zeref. Achnologia and Zeref will be six feet under in no time." Gray says, and I chuckle.

"It won't be that easy. We had so many chances to kill them, but we failed. Something always pops up. It's like the universe wants them both alive and us dead." I say, sighing.

"Gajeel's right. Anyways, we'll let you rest. You still need to recover and go back home with the both of us. I bet Salvador and Nashi miss their father."

"Oh, I miss them too. How are they?"

"Lucy and Mira have been taking care of them. But I don't know since Gray and I haven't went back home in two months." I reply.

"I'm sure they're alright. Anyways, rest up, pinkie. We got a lot to do for our trip back to the safe house."

Gray and I leave the room, and I close the door. We sit down on the chairs nearby and I sigh, feeling kind of nostalgic for some reason. Natsu is alive, and it's kind of relieving.

"We can finally pick on him again." I said, jokingly.

"Yup. I still need to call Mira. Wait here." Gray says, standing up and excusing himself.

My expression changes when my mind goes to Achnologia. If he captured Natsu, from the story Lucy told me about the men shooting him three times, Achnologia must have saved Lucy and got Natsu and left. But why would he keep Lucy alive? Wasn't it his priority to make Natsu suffer by killing Lucy?

There's still...so many questions that need to be answered for good.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 3:

Welcome Home Part II

**

Short chapter, I know. But next chapter will have the reunion we all wanted. :)